Next week sees six X-books hit the stands from Marvel, which will cost the dedicated X-fan who must read them all 25 bucks if purchased at retail price. Marvel has released previews for them all, scattered amongst the web as X-CLUSIVES for various Marvel media partner websites, but in the spirit of an outlaw band of mutants sworn to protect an industry that fears and hates them, we’ve download all the images and gathered them right here in one spot so you can see what you’ll be getting yourself into.
Next week sees the long-awaited release of Dazzler: X-Song, a one-shot that puts Dazzler in the Brookyln punk scene, defending her Inhuman fans against an evil street gang. We’ve also got the final issue of X-Men Gold before the wedding of Kitty Pryde and Colossus… assuming Kitty and the X-Men can rescue him from Alpha’s clutches in time. X-Men Red sees the villainous machinations of Cassandra Nova finally come to fruition (and the next chapter in the Extermination prelude), while Weapon X will hopefully feature the second appearance of everyone’s favorite new X-character, Sabretooth and Omega Red’s pet tiger cub. Hunt for Wolverine: Weapon Lost continues the long, drawn-out return of Marvel’s must lucrative Mary Sue. Finally, Deadpool’s story can actually mean something again as the reboot we all knew was coming is finally here. That one will cost you an extra dollar, true believers!
Check out all the previews below, and head back here in about 8 days for our recaps of all these books in X-ual Healing (this week’s recaps will be out tomorrow)!
DAZZLER: X SONG #1
MAGDALENE VISAGGIO (W) • LAURA BRAGA (A)
Cover by ELIZABETH TORQUE
Variant Cover by BILL SIENKEWICZ
HEADSHOT VARIANT COVER BY MIKE MCKONE
DAZZLER ROCKS ON!
The Brooklyn punk scene has never been cooler with DAZZLER’s new band taking center stage. But while she’s trying to find herself and reconnect to the one thing she’s always loved, Dazzler stumbles upon a truly toxic part of the underground punk scene. When a new and violent gang threatens the young Inhuman fans that follow her from venue to venue, Dazzler may have to turn to her own past to provide some guidance–and butt kicking.
Written by the Eisner-nominated Magdalene Visaggio, and drawn by the incredible Laura Braga, DAZZLER: X SONG is an energetic epic that you won’t want to miss.
32 PGS./ one shot /Rated T+ …$3.99
X-MEN GOLD #29
MARC GUGGENHEIM (W) • GERALDO BORGES (A)
Cover by Phil Noto
‘TIL DEATH DO US Part 5
• Escape from OUTER SPACE!
• KITTY and the X-MEN must race to safety or die in the cold vacuum of space!
• The only obstacles in their way? Human supremacist LYDIA NANCE and the nanite-based AI SENTINEL 0101!
• Get ready for a fatal confrontation with the GOLD team’s newest nemesis!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
X-MEN RED #5
TOM TAYLOR (W) • MAHMUD ASRAR (A)
Cover by TRAVIS CHAREST
HEADSHOT VARIANT BY TRAVIS CHAREST
MUTANT HATE IS AT AN ALL-TIME HIGH…
• …and Jean Grey is caught right in the middle!
• CASSANDRA NOVA’s plan is finally revealed….but to devastating consequences.
• And just because JEAN GREY’s team finally knows what’s going on, doesn’t mean they can actually stop it.
• Someone close to Jean is about to become Nova’s latest pawn…but who? And why?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
WEAPON X #19
GREG PAK & FRED VAN LENTE (W)
YILDIRAY CINAR (A)
Cover by RAHZZAH
SABRETOOTH’S IN CHARGE CONCLUDES!
• OMEGA RED…Agent of S.I.C.K.L.E.?
• Can SABRETOOTH, DOMINO and LADY DEATHSTRIKE really oppose the full might of the Russian government?
• And without WARPATH around to keep them honest, what’s stopping this crew of killers from slaughtering every Ivan, Lev, and Anton in their path?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
HUNT FOR WOLVERINE: Weapon Lost #2 (of 4)
CHARLES SOULE (W) • MATTEO BUFFAGNI (A)
Cover by GREG LAND Variant Cover by MATTEO BUFFAGNI
A HOT LEAD ON LOGAN!
• DAREDEVIL and his squad of ace detectives – FRANK McGEE, MISTY KNIGHT and CYPHER – continue their search for the missing WOLVERINE, hoping to stir up a lead by questioning folks in the MARVEL UNIVERSE who might have a grudge against Logan.
• In other words… half the MARVEL UNIVERSE!
• But when their investigation hits pay dirt, the squad starts to think they might just wrap things up more quickly than they ever imagined.
32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99
SKOTTIE YOUNG (W) • NIC KLEIN (A/C)
VARIANT COVER BY MIKE DEODATO
VARIANT COVER BY ROB LIEFELD
REMASTERED VARIANT COVER BY ROB LIEFELD
B&W REMASTERED VARIANT COVER BY ROB LIEFELD
VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
YOUNG VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
VARIANT COVER BY JEROME OPENA
BLANK VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
MERCIN’ FOR A LIVING!
Skottie Young and Nic Klein bring you the craziest tales of the Regeneratin’ Degenerate yet! It’s been a while since Deadpool’s had to merc to make ends meet, but things are tough all over. While Deadpool tries to get his humble mercenary-for-hire business back off the ground, a catastrophic threat so unfathomably huge, so mind-breakingly cataclysmic it defies description, is heading toward Earth, and there’s only ONE PERSON WHO CAN STOP IT!!!
Oh no, wait…it’s not Wade, is it? Oh, %$@#. It’s Wade.
40 PGS./Parental Advisory …$4.99