A month ago Hasbro bought Power Rangers for over half a billion dollars from Haim Saban. Fans have been wondering what the future of the series would look like, and fans of the movie that just came out last year all but lost hope of seeing a sequel. According to Tokunation you might not be getting a sequel to that movie, but expect to see more Power Rangers in the future.
“As I mentioned, we’ve now announced the acquisition of Power Rangers. This is really a great statement about where we believe we are in develping our brand blueprint. The fact that we can acquire Power Rangers brand and plug and play that right into our strategy where we activate it in entertainment, motion pictures in the future and then of course across toys and games and consumer products and do so globally. We felt the brand was very under leveraged and undervalued. We feel we can exploit it to a much greater extent and it was a great opportunity to acquire the brand.” – Brian Goldner, Hasbro Inc. CEO
The movie that came out last year was not the huge hit that Saban wanted it to be and likely cost a lot more money to make than anyone was willing to admit. That probably had something to do with the sale, but it sounds like Hasbro is going to put the Rangers back on the big screen. There’s just a very good chance it won’t be a sequel to the 2017 version.
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Comments on Quicksilver’s Return for Avengers 4 - October 19, 2018
- Netflix Cancels Marvel’s Luke Cage After 2 Seasons - October 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: 3 New Behind-the-Scenes Photos - October 19, 2018
- Check Out Some Armored Sharks in These New Aquaman Images - October 19, 2018
- Disney’s Jungle Cruise Gets Delayed 9 Months - October 19, 2018