This were the solicitations for X-Men Red #6 and #7 from Marvel Comics for July and August.
X-MEN RED #6
(W) Tom Taylor (A) Mahmud A. Asrar (CA) Travis Charest
• From deep beneath the ocean, Jean Grey’s X-Men watch as waves of anti-mutant hatred wash over the world!
• Can the X-Men quell the tide? Or will they be swept away in its wake?
Rated T+ In Shops: Jul 18, 2018 SRP: $3.99
X-MEN RED #7
(W) Tom Taylor (A) Mahmud A. Asrar (CA) Jenny Frison
• To escape his present, Magneto travels to the future!
• But even 20 years later, there will always be X-Men…
Rated T+ In Shops: Aug 22, 2018 SRP: $3.99
But it will soon be changing. Marvel has announced that from July, artist Carmen Carnero will join X-Men Red as the series’ regular artist, replacing Mahmud Asrar alongside writer Tom Taylor. Carnero’s work for Marvel includes Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Cyclops, and The Punisher – that first woman to draw the character’s ongoing series.
Here’s the PR bumf and a look at her upcoming work on the series.
“It’s always special to return to where I was given my first opportunity in American comic books, especially a book so successful as X-Men Red is,” Carnero said. “It’s a lot of responsibility, but a welcome one! I’ve been really lucky, because the team’s lineup, all of it, it’s SO amazing and a dream for me. Jean Grey leading a super group formed by the best female and male mutant heroes? I can’t ask for more, especially having my favorite female characters as part of the group. And I already adore Gabby. It’s impossible not to!”
“Carmen is bringing so much to X-Men: Red and we feel very lucky to have her join our team. While she can dazzle with big moments under the sea or Sentinels dropping out of the sky, it’s the way her characters all act so uniquely that’s blowing us away,” added Taylor. “Carmen has a rare ability to capture both complex expressions and subtle body language. Her characters breathe.”
- Boom’s Firefly #1 Has Pre-Orders of 57,291 Copies – Any More For Any More? - October 23, 2018
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018