Developer Casual Bit Games has released a new trailer that will give players insight into the gameplay of Battle Princess Madelyn. Specifically, the trailer shows us much of the game’s first level, which introduces us to the single player story and Ghouls ‘n Ghosts style action combat.
The game is noteworthy in part as a successfully Kickstarted indie project, but also because it was co-developed by a 7 year-old girl. Specifically, Owner and Creative Directory Christopher Obritsch came up with the idea after playing games with his young daughter Maddi (full name, Madelyn). Yes, Obritsch made a game starring his daughter, because she really loves Ghouls ‘n Ghosts but wanted to play as girl.
The game description from Casual Bit Games reads:
Battle Princess Madelyn is a game that follows the journey of a young knight in training, Madelyn, and her ghostly pet dog, Fritzy. They set out on a journey to save her kingdom and her family from the clutches of an evil wizard. Set in the vein of classic Ghouls N’ Ghosts and Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon’s Trap, the instantly classic and familiar gameplay will transport old-school gamers back to their heyday, and the self-adjusting difficulty will allow for even the most novice of gamer to pick up and play!
Battle Princess Madelyn will release for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PS Vita, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Wii U and PC. It does not have a release date, but is “coming soon,” so we can expect a release window soon.
You can check out the latest gameplay video below.
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018