Syfy may not have had room in its schedule for the sci-fi epic The Expanse, but the network has ordered a pilot based on the Dark Horse Entertainment comic series Resident Alien. The series is from Peter Horgan and Steve Parkhouse and is described as a dark, twisted and comedic fish-out-of-water story that focuses on Harry, and alien who crash landed on Earth and took on the identity of a small-town doctor in Colorado who is on a secret mission where he has to answer the question, ‘Are humans worth saving’?
The series is being adapted by Chris Sheridan (Family Guy), who will executive produce along with Dark Horse’s Mike Richardson and Keith Goldberg and Amblin’s Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank, THR.com reports. This comes from Universal Cable Productions, which has a overall deal with Dark Horse and continues their relationship that sees the series Umbrella Academy getting a straight-to-series order from Netflix.
Syfy has dove deep into comic adaptations lately with Happy! based on the Image Comic series and Krypton, a Superman prequel already having gotten second season orders and then picking up another Image Comic series, Deadly Class, for broadcast later this year. The network is also developing projects including Brave New World, The Raven Cycle, and Hyperion.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018