A leaked E3 document found by Kotaku (it was originally posted to 4chan) indicates that Fortnite is indeed coming to the Nintendo Switch. Fans have wanted Fortnite to come to the Switch, basically since the game’s release. And while Epic Games have been pretty open to the possibility of a Switch port, nothing official has ever been said on the matter. Until now.
The document posted to 4chan looks to be a schedule for Nintendo‘s Treehouse programming, which included a time slot designated to Fortnite. Which would mean the game has to be coming to the Switch, likely with a reveal during Nintendo’s E3 press conference on Tuesday, June 12th.
Fortnite is coming to Switch, according to a leaked E3 document that we believe is real, as well as sources speaking to Kotaku. It’s not clear whether this apparent port will include Fortnite’s free Battle Royale mode, its players-vs-zombies Save The World mode, or both.
The document, posted on 4chan this afternoon by someone who said it was part of E3 showroom display planning (and discovered by Twitter user AAMARMO), features marketing materials for Fortnite, Paladins, Dragon Ball FighterZ, FIFA, the previously announced Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, and unannounced games Killer Queen Black and Overcooked 2. Although it’s safe to be skeptical of 4chan leaks, we have a few reasons to believe that this one is legitimate. For one, we’ve heard separately from a person familiar with upcoming Switch games that Dragon Ball FighterZ was planned for the system. The Twitter account for Killer Queen, an indie arcade strategy game released in 2013, has also changed all of its images to black.
A source familiar with Epic Games’ plans, speaking anonymously to protect their career, also told Kotaku earlier this week that Fortnite would be coming to Switch. Epic Games did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
While Kotaku has not gotten official word, a Switch port for the survival shooter turned Battle Royale monster makes perfect sense. After all, Fortnite has dominated every platform it has been ported to, with only the Switch remaining.
- Red Bull Launches First L.A. Killer Queen Tournament Called Hive Hustle
- Fortnite's Latest Update Officially Adds the Bouncer Trap
- Dataminers Find a New Bounce Pad Inside Fortnite
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018