The Magic Order, the first comic from the Millarworld imprint to be released since it was acquired by Netflix, is hitting comic book shops on June 13th. But this isn’t just a regular new series debuting from a regular old comic book publisher. The Magic Order has the backing of a streaming giant, and that can only mean one thing: an actually competently produced comic book trailer. We know. Shocking.
Netflix dropped the trailer for The Magic Order today, and what are you doing still reading this? Just skip below and watch it already!
Written by Scottish folk hero Mark Millar with art by Olivier Coipel, The Magic Order is a six-issue series, and we’ll be damned if Netflix doesn’t turn it into a TV show in the next year or two. That’s why they went to all this trouble to buy a comic book studio, after all.
We live in a world where we’ve never seen a monster and these people are the reason we sleep safely in our beds. Magic meets the mob in The Magic Order, as five families of magicians sworn to protect our world for generations must battle an enemy who’s picking them off one by one. By day they live among us as our neighbors, friends and co-workers, but by night they are the sorcerers, magicians and wizards that protect us from the forces of darkness…unless the darkness gets them first.
- Marvel Celebrates Politics in Comics with World Outside Your Window Hardcover - December 18, 2018
- Betty and Veronica Make a Secret Pact in Tomorrow’s Betty & Veronica #1 - December 18, 2018
- Valiant Smashes the System With Line Art Preview of Punk Mambo #1 - December 18, 2018
- To Create Synergy with Women’s History Month, IDW Plans Hasbro Anthology - December 18, 2018
- Hulk Goes to Therapy in March’s Immortal Hulk #15 - December 18, 2018