In their latest blog post, Bungie devs decided to tackle a couple of topics that they’ve been meaning to get to in Destiny 2, and they wanted to give you the heads up before they jump in and update the game.
On May 29th, the crew is making some tweaks to the exotic armors, which we have a list of the changes coming for you to read below. The team is also looking into the new Escalation Protocol mode when it comes to the difficulty, as players were complaining about the ability to complete it. This led to designer Jacob Benton pointing out that the mode is meant for three players at maximum levels to complete, but that they would be looking into making the mode available for larger groups.
- Mechanical Changes—Previously, the perk adjusted your melee damage depending on the number of enemies surrounding you. Now it grants a flat bonus to melee and Super damage when you’re surrounded by three or more enemies. The buff is retained for a short duration after you are no longer surrounded.
- Although Synthoceps has gotten a fair bit of love in the Crucible, players are often focused on the increased lunge rate. The outgoing damage bonus was hard to appreciate and plan around with it being so variable in nature. With this change, you will be able to feel the impact more often in all scenarios, particularly in PvE.
- Lion Rampant
- Mechanical Changes—You can hipfire while Lift is active without interrupting it, and your aerial hipfire doesn’t have an aerial accuracy penalty.
- The Lion Rampant was focused around Lift and how it impacts your playstyle and tactics, so we decided to push further in that direction, emphasizing fast moving aerial assault.
- The Dragon’s Shadow
- Mechanical Changes—Dodging reloads all weapons simultaneously. The effects of Wraithmetal Mail now also include a bonus to mobility.
- Although the Dragon’s Shadow does have a small following, we wanted to make it more useful in a general sense under even neutral conditions, while keeping in the theme of a fast-moving ninja.
- Mechaneer’s Tricksleeves
- Mechanical Changes—Swapping to a sidearm while critically wounded greatly increases its damage.
- We went for the fantasy of a holdout weapon; the pistol tucked into your sleeve that you pull out in an emergency to save you. These changes should let you turn around a fight more easily.
- Lunafaction Boots
- Mechanical Changes—Rift reload is automatic instead of being activated on entry/exit. Empowering Rift makes weapons more effective at extended ranges.
- Players having to dip in and out of the Rift to reload their weapons was not consistent with other Rift effects, particularly with the overshield effect on Healing Rift. It’s been made automatic to be easier to understand and use. As this is a more offensive choice in terms of Rift Exotics, we also wanted to further reward players who want to double down with Empowering Rift instead of playing it safe with Healing Rift.
- Mechanical Changes—Original effect replaced with: Increases the duration of Solar Grenades. Solar melee kills grant unlimited Solar Grenade energy for a brief time.
- While effective under some circumstances in terms of things like flat damage output with your Solar Grenade, Sunbracers didn’t feel flashy enough for gloves where your hands are perpetually on fire. So, while retaining the original flavor of “The Solar Grenade Exotic Armor,” we’ve scaled up the potential output significantly to give the player a strong taste of power on a more frequent basis.
- Watch Destiny 2 Players Take Out Calus with Only Shotguns
- Chinese Tech Company NetEase Buys a Stake in Bungie
- As a Fan, I Have No Desire to Play Destiny 2 Right Now - and That's Fine
- Destiny 2 Brings Back the Bannerfall Map for Season 3's First Iron Banner
- Destiny 2's Rasputin Cipher Led Players on Real-Life Adventure
- Destiny 2 Players Have Found an Elaborate Puzzle on Mars
- Destiny 2: Warmind Already Plagued by a Heroic Strike Bug
- Techland Launching Their Own Battle Royale Game with Dying Light: Bad Blood - August 20, 2018
- Insomnia: The Ark Gets a New Lore Trailer From the Developers - August 19, 2018
- Jujubee Releases a New Trailer for Their Russian Submarine Game KURSK - August 19, 2018
- God of War Was Almost Set in Ancient Egypt, According to Developers - August 19, 2018
- Treadnauts Receives a New Launch Trailer as It’s Released on Steam - August 19, 2018