For those of you who would like to get a chance to use the Steam Link app on your iPhone, that will not come to be. Valve released an official statement today, which we have for you below, letting fans and users know that Apple rejected their app for use on iOS.
On Monday, May 7th, Apple approved the Steam Link app for release. On Weds, May 9th, Valve released news of the app. The following morning, Apple revoked its approval citing business conflicts with app guidelines that had allegedly not been realized by the original review team. Valve appealed, explaining the Steam Link app simply functions as a LAN-based remote desktop similar to numerous remote desktop applications already available on the App Store. Ultimately, that appeal was denied leaving the Steam Link app for iOS blocked from release. The team here spent many hours on this project and the approval process, so we’re clearly disappointed. But we hope Apple will reconsider in the future.
While it isn’t news to see Apple reject an app for iOS, the current speculation online is that they’ve done so because like a lot of other companies, they’re working on their own similar system. But with nothing to back that up at the moment, it’s only speculation. We’ll keep an eye on this as Apple has yet to respond to the rejection announcement.
- Valve Has Submitted An Updated Steam Link App to Apple
- Valve Adds Tons of New Job Postings, Fueling Even More Half-Life 3 Rumors
- Valve Has Paid Over $100k in Hacker Bounties
- Dota 2's Subreddit Used Memes to Get Valve to Release the Compendium
- What Campo Santo's Move to Valve Means for In the Valley of Gods
- Steam Spy is Back with Changes Thanks to Valve's Privacy Defaults
- SEGA Releases New Music Tracks From Team Sonic Racing - November 15, 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Summoners War Funko POP! Figures - November 15, 2018
- Assassin’s Creed Will Soon Be Getting a Set of Wines - November 15, 2018
- Sony Says They Will Not Be Attending E3 2019 - November 15, 2018
- Creed: Rise to Glory Receives a Creed II Character Update - November 15, 2018