Warner Bros. set out to change a bunch of release dates today. Some highly anticipated movies have been delayed or finally found their release dates for the next year. Deadline is reporting on the changes. One of the ones that isn’t that surprising is the year long delay of Six Billion Dollar Man. The movie had a release date of May 31, 2019 but was pushed to June 5, 2020 because the production recently lost their director.
The next movie to get delayed isn’t a bad thing. Warner Bros. has decided to move Godzilla: King of the Monsters from March 22, 2019 to May 31, 2019. The move puts it in the prime time summer and means that they have the chance to take the long three day weekend. The only downside is that May 2019 is pretty packed month right now. Avengers 4 is getting released on May 5th and if that movie is anything like Avengers: Infinity War it’ll have legs. On May 10th Detective Pikachu is getting released and on May 17th John Wick: Chapter 3 and the Men in Black spinoff are dropping. It’s the week before that could really hurt Godzilla; the live action remake of Aladdin drops on May 24th.
Finally, Warner Bros. has decided to move Crazy Rich Asians from its Friday August 17th release to Wednesday August 15th. The 17th is quite packed for a mid August weekend with The Happytime Murders, Alpha, and Three Seconds all releasing. By arriving on Wednesday the movie can hopefully pull in some revenue before the weekend hits.
- Bear McCreary Talks Composing for 'Godzilla: King of the Monsters'
- First Look at Godzilla: King of the Monsters
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Comments on Quicksilver’s Return for Avengers 4 - October 19, 2018
- Netflix and Marvel Cancel Luke Cage - October 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: 3 New Behind-the-Scenes Photos - October 19, 2018
- Check Out Some Armored Sharks in These New Aquaman Images - October 19, 2018
- Disney’s Jungle Cruise Gets Delayed 9 Months - October 19, 2018