runDisney is bringing back its Virtual Running Shorts series this summer and celebrating Disney•Pixar’s Incredibles 2.
With the virtual races, runners register for a series of 5K runs (3.1 miles). The major difference between these and the other organized runDisney races is that you get to do them on your own turf. If you can’t make a trip to Disneyland, Disney World, or Disneyland Paris but still want the bling, these are the races for you. I, for one, got hooked on the in-person races for a while (even competing in the absurd Dopey Challenge), but can’t always make the dates. The virtual race series provides a fun alternative when travel is prohibitive.
If you complete all three 5K races over the course of the summer you get a Virtual Running Shorts Series Finisher Medal. These races are also for charity, with the celebratory charity this year being the Boys & Girls Club of Central Florida, who help young people to reach their full potential with a plan for the future.
June racers receive an Elastigirl/Mrs.Incredible medal, July racers will earn Mr. Incredible and Violet, and August racers will come home with a Jack Jack and Dash medal. The series finishers medal is an Incredibles 2 design even Edna Mode would (probably) approve of.
Registration for the June race is open now at rundisney.com, will you be racing? If so, don’t forget your super suit!
- Brad Bird Reminds Us How You Can See Incredibles 2 Early
- Edna Mode Will Be Seeing You This Summer at Disneyland Resort!
- New Incredibles 2 Promo Highlights Elastigirl
- New TV Spot for Incredibles 2 as Tickets Go on Sale
- We Went to Pixar Fest – You May Want to Wait
- Can't Make it to a Disney Park for a RunDisney Race? Run a Virtual One!
- Disney Releases Concept Art For The NBA Experience, Coming 2019
- runDisney Cancels All Disneyland Races For 2018 And Beyond