Close the door, fix your scarf, grab your umbrella, and remember to change the celery stick on your shirt. Twitch and the BBC have partnered up to present another Twitch Marathon, this time with a seven-week run of Doctor Who episodes from the first seven doctors.
Starting on May 29th at 11 a.m. PDT, the social streaming service will run full episodes of the classic BBC series on their Twitch Presents channel in 6-7 hour blocks each day, along with special emotes you can use during the event. Since this is going to a worldwide audience, each block will be broadcast three times to get everyone they can. Here are a couple quotes from both companies on the awesome partnership.
Nick Coulter, Director of Digital Sales and Business Development at BBC Studios says: “We are constantly looking at ways to reach new audiences and make it easier for fans to engage with our most popular shows. Doctor Who, in particular, has a great tradition of pioneering new technologies, from early VHS all the way through to the new digital services of today. Twitch is another great example of this, as a brilliant service with over 15 million active daily users, we are thrilled to be able to offer them the chance to indulge in the Classic Doctor Who series and celebrate its amazing 54 year legacy of excitement and innovation.”
“Doctor Who and its clever take on sci-fi exemplifies the type of adjacent content to gaming that has resonated with the Twitch community,” said Jane Weedon, Director of Business Development at Twitch. “By presenting this iconic BBC show in a new interactive format, it is a fun new way to bridge several generations of Doctor Who fans, while building a new generation of them.”
This is a pretty cool stream as there will also be 20-minute sessions from The Yogacast where they’ll introduce each doctor to you if you happen to be unfamiliar with any of the older ones from the ’60s, ’70s, and ’80s. Here’s a rundown of what their programs will be like:
With a cast of Doctor Who screenwriters, experts, fans, and even a former companion, the Yogscast’s Turps and resident Doctor Who expert and High Roller’s player Matt Toffollo will be discussing why modern audiences should be watching Doctor Who. Each 20-minute episode will provide a brief summary of the stories that are about to be shown, including the actors, monsters, famous phrases or production gaffes to look out for. With first-hand knowledge from former companion Katy Manning (who played Jo Grant the Third Doctor Companion) and writers Bob Baker and Paul Cornell, the shows will give insight into the series alongside the humor and irreverence viewers expect from the Yogscast.
- Twitch Posts the Details of Their E3 Broadcast Schedule
- The World Series of Poker Will Be Streaming on Twitch in New Deal
- Doctor Who's David Tennant, Catherine Tate vs. the U.S. in Comedy-Drama Series 'Americons'
- SNL and Twitch Partner Up for a 48-Hour Sketch Marathon
- Twitch Users Can Now Play The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild as a Group
- Nerd Food: Unknown Hero Tea from Nerdfelt Tea Conjures Doctor Who Feels
- David Tennant Plays Sneak Trick On Doctor Who Fan...
- Brad Wong and Eliot Announced for Dead or Alive 6 Roster - December 13, 2018
- Ninja Will Live Commentate Thursday Night Football on Twitch - December 13, 2018
- SEGA Classics Launches on Amazon Fire TV Today - December 13, 2018
- Scopley and WBIE Launch Looney Tunes: World of Mayhem - December 13, 2018
- Chinese Ethics Board Orders Bans on Several Games Including PUBG and Fortnite - December 12, 2018