We’ve seen in Marvel Legacy that there was a Black Panther before humanity, one of the One Million BC Avengers… as well as a more recent Wakanda Intergalactic Empire.
Today, in the new Ta-Nehisi Coates and Daniel Acuña‘s new Black Panther series launching today, we have taken to the stars… and get a new ancient history to the Marvel Universe to add to the collection.
So while Jesus was walking on the water, the Wakandans were walking among the stars. And subduing them. Ta-Nehisi Coates has written about empires, now he’s getting to do the same with Wakanda. And not in a particularly positive fashion. Anyone can be an empire, it seems. And two thousand years in, it’s not looking good. Has a certain… Killmonger feel to it?
Expect to discover how the Wakandan Empire has been as hidden from the rest of the Marvel Universe in issues to come….
Published today from Marvel Comics.
BLACK PANTHER #1
(W) Ta-Nehisi Coates (A/CA) Daniel Acuna
A NEW DIRECTION FROM TA-NEHISI COATES & DANIEL ACUNA!
A bold new direction for the Black Panther! For years, T’Challa has fought off invaders from his homeland, protecting Wakanda from everything from meddling governments to long-lost gods. Now, he will discover that Wakanda is much bigger than he ever dreamed…
Across the vast Multiverse lies an empire founded in T’Challa’s name. Readers caught a glimpse of it in MARVEL LEGACY #1. Now find out the truth behind the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda!
Ta-Nehisi Coates welcomes aboard fan-favorite artist Daniel Acuña for a Black Panther story unlike any other!
In Shops: May 23, 2018
- Kraven The Hunter Returns in March’s Amazing Spider-Man - December 14, 2018
- Now DC Comics Makes Border Town Back Issues Returnable - December 14, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List, 14th December 2019 – An Annual Surprise - December 14, 2018
- Cambridge Analytica, the Sequel, in Drone Range of Parliament - December 14, 2018
- The Comic Shop Opens in Crawley, England, in Three Days Time - December 14, 2018