Welcome to our penultimate edition of Bleeding Cool‘s weekly recap/review of Freeform‘s Siren, Eric Wald and Dean White‘s mermaid fantasy-action drama. That’s right, we’re almost at the season finale (props to Freeform for the large second-season pick-up) as we take a look at the series’ ninth episode.
While Xander’s (Ian Verdun) going through the stages of grief righteously well-armed, Donna’s (Sibongile Mlambo) leading a stealth squad of mermaids into Bristol Cove for…something. So with a set-up like that – the kind that you know won’t end with shawarma and laughs – here’s our review/takeaways from ‘Street Fight’ (spoiler warnings):
Siren s01e09 ‘Street Fight’: Donna comes ashore with two other members of her colony to bring Ryn back home. When mermaids once again begin wreaking havoc throughout the town, Dale tries to put an end to it once and for all.
Check out Freeform’s trailer for a first-look at next week’s season finale of Siren, ‘Aftermath’:
Siren s01e10 ‘Aftermath’: In the season finale, the enchanting siren song takes hold of Ben and Decker. Meanwhile, Dale must answer for the escalating crime in Bristol Cove.
In two important scenes from last week’s ‘Street Fight,’ Ryn (Eline Powell) explains to Ben (Alex Roe) the heartbreaking reason why she can’t go home again; and Donna shows that she’s not as different from humans as we might think:
Siren takes us inside Bristol Cove—a coastal town known for its legend of once being home to mermaids. When the arrival of a mysterious girl proves this folklore all too true, the battle between man and sea takes a very vicious turn as these predatory beings return to reclaim their right to the ocean.
The series stars Alex Roe (“The 5th Wave”) as Ben, a bright marine biologist who finds himself drawn to a mysterious new girl in town, Ryn, played by Eline Powell (“Game of Thrones”), who is a strange young woman with a deep dark secret. Fola Evans-Akingbola (“An American Exorcism”) stars as Maddie, also a marine biologist who works with Ben, and is highly suspicious of Ryn. Ian Verdun (“Life’s a Drag”) stars as Xander, a deep sea fisherman on a quest to uncover the truth; and Rena Owen (“Star Wars” Episodes II and III) as Helen, the town eccentric who seems to know more about the mermaids than she lets on.
“Siren” is based on a story by Eric Wald and Dean White who both serve as executive producers. Emily Whitesell (“Finding Carter”) serves as showrunner and executive producer. Brad Luff, Nate Hopper and RD Robb also serve as executive producers.
- AMC Showcases “Kick-Ass Women,” Better Call Saul, and More at Fandom Summit - June 24, 2018
- How Things Got To Be: A Look Back at Season 2 Finale ‘The End of the Road’ [The Road to Angelville: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Week] - June 23, 2018
- American Gods Season 2 Update: Cast Dinner, Axe Throwing, and a Stormare Selfie - June 23, 2018
- The Grail Finds Jesse, God-Dog Rolls Out, and Humperdoo Dances in ‘Preacher’ Season 3 Preview [The Road to Angelville: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Week] - June 23, 2018
- Preacher Previews: Cassidy Talks Tulip with Jesse, Unrequited Love with Gran’ma [The Road to Angelville: Bleeding Cool’s ‘Preacher’ Week] - June 22, 2018