Much to the delight of our own Jeremy Konrad, the cast of It: Chapter 2 continues to grow. They’ve secured some major talent in the form of Jessica Chastain, James McAvoy, and Bill Hader, and in the last week or so the cast has doubled so they nearly have the entire Losers covered. Deadline is reporting that Jay Ryan, who played The Beast in the CW show Beauty and the Beast, has been cast as the adult version of Ben Hanscom. The role was originally played by Jeremy Ray Taylor.
We also missed a few pieces of casting as well. Last Wednesday Deadline reported that two other members of the cast were added. Andy Bean had joined the cast to play the older version of Stan Uris. Stan was originally played by Wyatt Oleff. Bean’s credits include Transformers: The Last Knight and the HBO series Here and Now.
Finally, James Ransone will be playing the adult version of Eddie Kaspbrak in the highly anticipated sequel. The role was originally played by Jake Dylan Grazer. Ransone was in the Hulu series The First along with such feature films as Sinister 2 and the indie hit Tangerine.
Production is set to begin this summer under returning director Andy Muschietti and Bill Skarsgård is set to haunt our nightmares again as Pennywise. The only member of the group that hasn’t been cast is Mike Hanlon.
Summary: 27 years later, the Losers Club have grown up and moved away, until a devastating phone call brings them back.
It: Chapter 2, directed by Andy Muschietti, stars Bill Skarsgård, Jessica Chastain, James McAvoy, Bill Hader, Andy Bean, James Ronsone, and Jay Ryan. It will be released on September 6th, 2019.
- First Read-Through of 'It: Chapter 2' Happened Today – See the (Adult) Losers' Club
- Sleep Tight Receives a Release Date Trailer for Nintendo Switch
- First Look at Eiza Gonzalez in Hobbs and Shaw - December 18, 2018
- Todd Phillips Confirms That the Joker Movie Has Wrapped Production - December 18, 2018
- Sherlock Holmes Adaptation ‘Elementary’ to End After 7 Seasons - December 17, 2018
- Utah Film Critics Association Votes Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse the Best Picture of 2018 - December 17, 2018
- [SPOILERS] Phil Lord and Chris Miller Talk That Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Post-Credits Scene - December 17, 2018