Activision is heralding last week’s Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 reveal as the most-watched game reveal ever based on its livestream watch records. The reveal stream broke franchise records, including the most day one views as well as the highest concurrent viewers, while also hitting social media as the #1 trending topic on Twitter during the broadcast.
Views from the reveal event have already surpassed 80 million, including the livestream, official trailers, and content creator videos.
“The excitement for Black Ops 4 from fans all over the world has been amazing. It’s an extraordinary bond our community has with this series and we’re incredibly thankful for their support,” said Rob Kostich, EVP and GM, Call of Duty. “The Black Ops 4 reveal trended #1 globally on Twitter, it broke franchise records for the most watched reveal in our history, and content from our community reveal event has already been viewed over 80 million times. Initial pre-orders are also strong through week one of reveal, and above last year.”
The Black Ops 4 reveal livestream was broadcast worldwide in 10 languages, featuring first looks at the game’s all-new multiplayer and Zombies modes, as well as Black Ops’ new battle royale-inspired mode, Blackout.
Of course, you do have to always take these announcements with a bit of salt, because of course Activision has an agenda for making Black Ops 4 the hottest new thing. They’ve got a game to sell, after all, in a franchise that puts out a new game every year.
That said, the Black Ops games have always been some of the most well liked Call of Duty games, and for good reason. The Black Ops series is the most played in all of the franchise with more than 200 million players and 15 billion hours played throughout its lifetime (that is, across all three previously existing games). Black Ops III was 2015’s #1 console game globally.
Developed by Treyarch, Black Ops 4 is scheduled for release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on October 12th, 2018.
Additionally, Black Ops 4 will not come with a campaign mode, nor was it ever intended to.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Launches Multiple Product Lines
- Treyarch Reveals Details on Call of Duty: Black Ops 4's Blackout Beta Dates
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Confirms Remastered Fan-Favorite Maps
- Activision Reveals Its Lineup for E3 2018
- Treyarch Planning a Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 Livestream on Thursday
- Gaming Broadcast Platform Caffeine Launches New Monetization System
- Ubisoft Celebrates the 20th Anniversary of Anno 1602 with a Free Download - December 17, 2018
- Christmas is Coming to EVE Online with the Permafrost Event - December 17, 2018
- Alfonso Ribeiro is Suing Fortnite for Stealing His “Carlton” Dance - December 17, 2018
- Polish Analysts Expect a Q4 2019 Release for Cyberpunk 2077 - December 17, 2018
- Testing Google’s Project Stream will Get You AC Odyssey For Free - December 17, 2018