Some big news that was a rumor back in April and has now gotten confirmation, as Sega will be doing remastered versions of Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 exclusively for the PS4. The news came down from Weekly Famitsu, who broke the details about the new editions as they are purely going to be a visual change and have no additional content or features added. Essentially, they’re going to make them all 1080p at 60fps for the console, which is going to be a bit of a task in itself considering how old a couple of the games are and how the graphics will need an overhaul in some places.
According to the article, Yakuza 3 is pretty much done as it says they’re at 90% complete and are aiming to release it on August 9th. The downside to all this is that these appear to be Japan-releases only and there are no plans at the moment for a North American or European release. We’re fairly confident the company will eventually release them here, but it’s going to be one of those wait-and-see announcements. There’s still no word as to when the other two games will be released, but we’re betting they’ll try to release them around the holiday season.
- Yakuza Studio To Announce a New IP in September
- Sega Releases a New Trailer and Demo for Yakuza Kiwami 2
- Sega and Atlus Reveal What They're Bringing to E3 2018
- Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 Could See Current Gen Console Treatment
- Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Receives a Proper Launch Trailer
- Ballistic Babysitter - We Review Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
- Rumor: Sega is Considering Making a Sequel to Yakuza 0
- Yakuza Kiwami 2 Will Release in the West at the End of August
- Discord Officially Launches Their New Store Globally - October 16, 2018
- Fortnite Receives a New Vehicle in the Latest Patch - October 16, 2018
- Treyarch Teases Next DLC Zombie Map for Black Ops 4 - October 16, 2018
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for October 16-22, 2018 - October 16, 2018
- Fortnite YouTuber Gets Sued By Epic Games for Selling Cheats - October 15, 2018