Monday Night RAW has been on a roll lately, and RAW GM Kurt Angle opened last night’s show with announcing that Ronda Rousey would have her first-ever title match against Nia Jax at Money in the Bank. But more on that later, since Stephanie McMahon made her triumphant debut after her continued arm abuse at the hands of Rousey during and after WrestleMania.
"WELCOME TO MONDAY NIGHT RAW!"
— WWE Universe (@WWEUniverse) May 22, 2018
— WWE (@WWE) May 22, 2018
McMahon came out to tell Angle that she held no hard feelings towards Angle since she will always do what’s best for business. And what’s best for business right now? McMahon presiding over the contract signing between Rousey and Jax. She then went on to scold Angle on how well he treats Roman Reigns… who then came out to the ring. The crowd was mostly booed with some cheers thrown in, which only furthers that maybe Reigns should be a heel and not a face.
Don’t get me wrong: I like Reigns, but this unrelenting push he’s getting has become stale. Creative gave him and McMahon some time to talk smack to each other, with Roman outright saying he would destroy the rest of the superstars if McMahon didn’t change her tone about him. The two went back and forth about how Reigns wanted another shot at Brock Lesner.
Eventually Kevin Owens came out too. This was a good start to RAW, but it got really convoluted real quick. It was a bunch of people piling on Reigns and very little in the way of anything else for, you know, the other superstars. Granted, Owens was a breath of fresh air, and he and McMahon have some great chemistry. In the end McMahon kicked off RAW by announcing a match between Reigns and Owens.
- Just Keep Swimming to Get These Limited-Edition Finding Nemo Pins - July 29, 2018
- Q+A with Matt Ellison, Senior Producer on LEGO DC Super-Villains - July 29, 2018
- War Machine Marketing’s Ro Kohli Talks Pantera Mini Guitars, Custom Toys, and More! - July 29, 2018
- A Perfect Han and Leia Close Out Our Last Cosplay Shots from SDCC 2018 - July 27, 2018
- Barzinga with Bleeding Cool’s Kaitlyn Booth: San Diego Comic-Con Aftermath - July 27, 2018