Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood‘s patch 4.3 Under the Moonlight is live today and brings the next chapter of the Return to Ivalice raid series, a new dungeon, trial, beast tribe quests, and main scenario quests. Plus some additional PVP updates, Job balance updates, and performance actions.
Today’s update will add many new challenges to the game, including:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The Stormblood storyline continues in the far-eastern land of Doma.
- New Sidequests – The legendary tale of The Four Lords continues, while players will also aid in Doman Reconstruction.
- New 24-man Alliance Raid – The second chapter of the popular Return to Ivalice series takes players to the Ridorana Lighthouse.
- New Trial – A surprise players will have to discover for themselves.
- New Dungeon – Explore the abandoned mausoleum of the legendary hero who united Doma in The Swallow’s Compass.
- New Beast Tribe Quests: The Namazu – A new series focused on quests for the Disciples of the Hand and Land.
- Cross-world Linkshells – A new linkshell chat system will allow players to communicate across servers within their data center with ease.
- Updates to jobs, PvP, glamour system, housing, performance actions, new powerful gear and more.
As for the rest of the Patch 4.3 series, Square Enix confirmed that we can look forward to a new Ultimate Difficulty Raid, new Deep Dungeon, more Hildibrand, and more Eureka to come soon. That schedule is below:
- New Ultimate Difficulty Raid (Patch 4.31) – Players seeking the greatest challenges may test their skills against this new incarnation of Ultima Weapon.
- New Deep Dungeon : Heaven-on-High (Patch 4.35) – Explore the 100-floor tower within the Ruby Sea.
- Even Further Hildibrand Adventures (Patch 4.35) – The Inspector Extraordinaire returns to right more wrongs and solve new cases.
- The Next Installment of The Forbidden Land, Eureka – The Pagos Expedition (Patch 4.36)
Additionally, the game is running a Callback Campaign until June 26th, where players can collect in-game rewards by inviting old friends to return to the game if they’ve been logged out for at least 90 days. Further details on the rewards for the Callback Camapign can be found here.
And finally, we have the dates and locations for this year’s Final Fantasy XIV Online Fan Festivals. North America will kick off the tour on November 16th-17th, 2018 in Las Vegas, followed by the European Fan Festival on February 2nd-3rd, 2019 at the La Grande Halle de La Villette in Paris, and ending with the Tokyo Fan Festival in March 2019. If you can’t make it to the festivals but don’t want to be left out on the action, streaming passes for the events will be available as well.
You can check out today’s patch updates in the brand-new trailer below.
The Battle System Updates for Patch 4.3 bring some welcome changes to Dark Knights with additional Dark Arts combo potencies and some changes to MP management. Additionally, Scholar pet actions can now be cancelled.
The full list of job balance changes are below:
|Power Slash||Dark Arts potency of 240 has been added.
Dark Arts combo potency of 440 has been added.
|Grit||MP cost has been reduced.|
|Dark Passenger||Potency has been increased from 100 to 140.
Dark Arts potency has been increased from 240 to 280.
Additional effect of increased enmity has been added.
Recast time has been increased from 30 to 60 seconds.
|Dark Mind||Reduction to magic vulnerability has been changed from 15% to 30%.
The Dark Arts effect has been removed.
|Darkside||Effect no longer ends upon being incapacitated.|
|Shadow Wall||Recast time reduced from 180 to 120 seconds.|
|Plunge||Dark Arts potency of 340 has been added.
Dark Arts effect of increased enmity has been added.
Delay before using a skill after this action has been reduced.
|Sole Survivor||HP and MP gained when defeating a target marked with Another Victim has been increased from 20% to 30%.
Now restores 20% of maximum HP and MP if the Another Victim status expires before the target is defeated.
|Purification||The additional effect “Reduces enmity by half” has been added.|
|Brotherhood||Now grants the effects Brotherhood and Meditative Brotherhood to all nearby party members.
Players can now receive multiple stacks of Meditative Brotherhood.
|Jinpu||Combo potency has been increased from 280 to 300.|
|Third Eye||Damage reduction has been changed from 5% to 10%.|
|Shifu||Combo potency has been increased from 280 to 300.|
|Gekko||Combo potency has been increased from 400 to 420.|
|Kasha||Combo potency has been increased from 400 to 420.|
|Yukikaze||Combo potency has been increased from 340 to 360.|
|Merciful Eyes||The additional effect “Reduces enmity by 20%” has been added.|
Rogue / Ninja
|Hide||The effect will no longer be dispelled when using Sprint.|
Thaumaturge / Black Mage
|Aetherial Manipulation||The delay before character movement has been reduced.|
|Between the Lines||The delay before character movement has been reduced.|
|Whispering Dawn||Action category has been changed from Spell to Ability.
Cast time has been made instant.
Healing potency has been increased from 100 to 120.
|Aetherpact||Recast time has been reduced from 5 to 3 seconds.|
|Fey Union||Fey Union can now be interrupted to order faeries to use another action.|
|Dissolve Union||Recast time has been reduced from 5 seconds to 1 second.|
|Malefic||Cast time reduced from 2.5 to 1.5 seconds.|
|Malefic II||Cast time reduced from 2.5 to 1.5 seconds.|
|Malefic III||Cast time reduced from 2.5 to 1.5 seconds.|
|Lightspeed||MP cost reduction changed from 25% to 50%.
Reduction to attack magic potency has been removed.
Recast time has been reduced from 150 to 120 seconds.
|Aspected Helios||Cast time reduced from 3 to 2.5 seconds.|
Complete notes for Patch 4.3 are available here.