One of the most exciting announcements to come from Disneyland this side of the Marvel influx of heroes was word that Star Wars was getting its own area. Construction has been ongoing — sneak peeks of the buildings taking shape were easily spotted from the top of Big Thunder Mountain and the Casey Jr. Circus train. Today, Disneyland revealed just how much longer we’ll have to wait to experience Galaxy’s Edge.
— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) May 23, 2018
In a video posted to the Disney Parks Twitter account (which, omg, such a great trailer), it was revealed that the Disneyland addition will be opening on schedule in summer of 2019, with the Walt Disney World resort in the late fall of 2019.
Plans for the expanded area park were first revealed during D23, with a complete diorama showcasing a life-sized Millennium Falcon, restaurants, character areas, and at least two new rides.
- Details from Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Panel at Disney's Galactic Nights
- Report: James Mangold Making Boba Fett Standalone Star Wars Movie
- Let’s Talk About ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ Season 15 Episode 11 - August 20, 2018
- Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’ Showrunner Responds to Script Leak - August 20, 2018
- Emmy Nominee Ann Dowd Talks Aunt Lydia from ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ - August 20, 2018
- Netflix Renews Emmy Nominated Series ‘GLOW’ for Season 3 - August 20, 2018
- ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’ 25th Anniversary Blu-ray Details Revealed - August 20, 2018