In a rather strange turn of events, Dead or Alive 5: Last Round will be added to the EVO 2018 Championship Series. Koei Tecmo made the announcement in a press release this morning, along with a letter from Yosuke Hayashi and Yohei Shimbori about the addition (which we have for you below).
It’s a rather odd move since the game has been out for a few years now and is only being featured as a side-tournament and not a main attraction, while 2017’s Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite was left off the bill. We’ll see how fans respond to the addition over the next few days, especially since Dead or Alive as a fighting series seemed to be DOA in recent years.
“To the Dead Or Alive fans and fighting game fans, thanks to you all we are proudly announcing that DOA5 Last Round will take part in the world’s largest fighting game festival EVO.
5 years have passed since the DOA5 series started and it’s been played by more than 10 million gamers. Meanwhile, the DOA community has expanded to become larger than ever before.
To proceed to the next stage, we announced the end of the DOA5 series in December, but to my surprise the gods of fighting games have given us another chance to let players enjoy this franchise at an event once more.
Though it’s a side tournament, the fact that DOA is joining EVO itself is key, and something which we have been longing for over 10 years.
So, I hope you will join and enjoy the show!”
-Yosuke Hayashi (Producer), Yohei Shimbori (Director), DOA5 series
- Koei Tecmo Reveal Dead or Alive 6 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One
- Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation Now Has 30 FPS Mode
- EVO 2018 Releases Their Full Game Tournament Lineup
- Koei Tecmo Adds Mermaid Costumes to Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation
- Dead or Alive Series has Seemingly Been Put on Permanent Hiatus
- Evo Is Returning To Las Vegas In 2018
- Epic Games Sues Accused Leaker Over Fortnite Comet Strike Content - June 24, 2018
- Devil May Cry 5’s Next Big Reveals to Happen at Gamescom - June 23, 2018
- Fallout 76 Fans Are Making Their Own Map Before the Game Comes Out - June 23, 2018
- Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Just Upped The Difficulty - June 23, 2018
- Lighting For Any Gaming Occasion as We Review Nanoleaf’s Light Panels - June 23, 2018