Warner Bros. has released the first trailer for Mowgli, the upcoming adaptation of The Jungle Book, directed by Andy Serkis. The movie looks absolutely stunning but we all knew with someone like Serkis — the master of bringing animals and creatures to life — behind the camera it would be. It features a great voice cast as well and looks to be doing something different from the more direct adaptation that Jon Favreau did for Disney.
They have also released the first poster for the production.
We have a behind-the-scenes featurette with Serkis talking about the tone of the movie and talking about the tone that this movie is going to be taking. Serkis talks about shattering preconceived notions of this story as it looks to follow the story of the book instead of the movie we all grew up on.
A human child raised by wolves, must face off against a menacing tiger named Shere Khan, as well as his own origins.
Mowgli, directed by Andy Serkis, stars Rohan Chand, Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Benedict Cumberbatch, Andy Serkis, and Peter Mullan. It will be released October 19th.
- Andy Serkis to Moderate Mortal Engines NYCC '18 Panel
- Andy Serkis Jungle Book Movie 'Mowgli' Heads to Netflix
- Celebrating the Life and Legacy of the Grandfather of Movie Poster Design, Bill Gold
- New Bumblebee Poster Features Our Two Triple Changers - December 11, 2018
- Mark Hamill Talks About the Insane Spoilers Security Measures for Star Wars: Episode IX - December 11, 2018
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 6: 2 New Promos Parody Die Hard - December 10, 2018
- Emmet Throws a Holiday Party in this New The LEGO 2: The Second One Short - December 10, 2018
- [Very] Early Estimates Say Avengers: Endgame Could Make $2B at the Worldwide Box Office - December 9, 2018