We’ve seen the dress. We know about the upcoming solo series. Now, DC Comics has unveiled a new costume for Catwoman, debuting on the cover of August’s Catwoman #2. Joelle Jones designed the new look, which DC’s press release describes:
Selina’s sticking with the black, but gone are the goggles in favor of a cowl, along with some much sleeker, more stylish gloves and boots. The new costume also seems to have some reinforcement in the middle and some openings under her shoulders, which add a bit of flair while also giving her arms slightly more mobility—something that would be particularly important in Selina’s…ahem, line of work.
You can see the cover and solicit for Catwoman #2 below, but DC has also unveiled two additional sketches by Jones showing off the costume. Post your fashion critiques down in the comments.
Written by JOELLE JONES
Art and cover by JOELLE JONES
Gotham’s a toxic litter box for Selina Kyle of late, so she hits the road looking to clear the air, change her look and clear her name, too—there’s a copycat burglar swiping her M.O. who needs sorting out. In her hometown, Catwoman runs afoul of a crime boss who’s also hunting this impostor. Can the two declare a truce to hunt a mutual enemy, or will Selina end up just more roadkill?
On sale AUGUST 1 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T+
- Captain Lars Stars in “Epic, Mind-Bending Adventure” for February’s Steven Universe #25 - November 20, 2018
- 2 Covers for Buffy the Vampire Slayer #1 and #2 by Jen Bartel and Ryan Inzana - November 20, 2018
- Because U Demanded It: David Manak and Warren Kremer’s Ewoks Collected in February - November 20, 2018
- Chris Claremont’s Early Iron Fist Work Collected in Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Complete Collection - November 20, 2018
- Cyclops and Wolverine Rebuild the X-Men in February, Starting With Another 8 Dollar Issue - November 20, 2018