Take-Two Interactive has announced that Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto V is nearing close to 100 million copies sold in a recent earnings call.
Grand Theft Auto V is not like a lot out there. The game is one of, possibly even the most successful entertainment property ever depending on what metric you use. It’s truly been a juggernaut of sales, regularly remaining towards the top of charts even five years after release. It’s hard to imagine another game even getting close to it… well, of course until Grand Theft Auto 6 comes along.
We now have a pretty strong indication of just how monstrously well the game has done over its lifetime. Take-Two Interactive announced during their recent investor call that the game has sold a staggering 95 million copies. That makes it one of the best-selling video games of all time, selling gangbusters across PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. To illustrate just how well the game is still selling, RockstarIntel (via PCGamer) note that the game sold five million copies in the last quarter. That’s more then some AAA video games sell in their entire lifetime.
It’s hard to see Grand Theft Auto V‘s huge success coming to an end any time soon. It will always sell well until there is another to sample. It will be very interesting to see if Rockstar’s Red Dead Redemption 2 will be able to do anywhere near as good and if that franchise can keep pace with the developer’s other juggernaut.
- Grand Theft Auto Online Will Be Getting Nightclubs in Next Update
- Someone Made a Current Thanos Mod for GTA Online
- Overwatch League Team Chengdu Hunters Revealed - November 13, 2018
- Ark: Survival Evolved Hit All Time Peak Players On Steam This Weekend - November 13, 2018
- Despite Activision’s Comments, Destiny 2 Director Says Bungie Aren’t Disappointed With Forsaken - November 12, 2018
- Destiny 2 is Under-Performing Says Activision - November 9, 2018
- Overwatch League Officially Unveils Paris and Guangzhou Teams - November 9, 2018