It’s been a few days since Treyarch’s big reveal for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, and people still seem to be up in arms that this sequel to the franchise will not include a traditional campaign mode. So much so that Call of Duty‘s Executive Vice President and General Manager, Robert Kostich, had to address it. Below is a quote from Kostich from a recent interview with GameSpot when talking about the criticism for the choice.
“As we go forward [through the year], fans are going to learn a lot about the story that is embedded in this game,” Kostich said. “Look, it’s not a dedicated campaign like it was in the past. We’re telling stories differently this year. We think our community is going to love this game from end to end, because it has so much to offer. The core focus of it, I don’t think that’s going to be a problem really. I think what our community is going to love at the end of the day comes down to the gameplay and the fun you have with it. And I think that’s what this game is going to have in spades. This is a little different from what we’ve done in the past.”
So even though a section of the hardcore fans are rallying against it for lacking a campaign, Kostich believes people will be intrigued enough to come check out the way they’re changing the storytelling in this one. The company has about five months to convince anyone who may have objected to it at first to come around, so we’ll see how they do at E3 and PAX West in the states when it comes to promoting all the new additions to Black Ops 4.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Confirms Remastered Fan-Favorite Maps
- Treyarch Planning a Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 Livestream on Thursday
- Treyarch Explains There Was Never a Plan for a Campaign in Black Ops 4
- Blackout Was in the Works for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 for a Year
- You Will Not Be Getting Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on the Switch
- The Big Takeaways from Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Call of Duty's Twitter Account Now Teasing Black Ops 4
- Gun Media Discusses the Future of Friday The 13th: The Game - October 16, 2018
- Bridge Constructor Portal Adds a Level Editor in Latest Update - October 16, 2018
- Black Desert Online Receives Two Event Bosses for Halloween - October 16, 2018
- Bethesda Explains Why Fallout 76 Won’t Be Coming to Steam - October 16, 2018
- Sony Says The PS4 Message Hacks Have Been Fixed - October 16, 2018