You know what gives nerdy gamers pleasure every once in a while? Seeing companies file for new trademarks. And we’re sure this one won’t be blown out of proportion as Square Enix has filed a new one, specifically in Europe. According to the European Union Intelectual Property Office (EUIPO), the company filed for a trademark on May 18th for the term “Outriders”. You can read the official listing here if you enjoy reading government paperwork, but the primary focus is that it covers two specific areas (articles 9 and 41) under Goods and Services.
- Computer game software; computer games; video game software; video games; electronic games for mobile phones; downloadable computer games software supplied online by means of multi-media electronic broadcast or network transmission; publications in electronic form or other data provided by means of multi-media electronic broadcast or network transmission; computer discs, CD-ROMs, DVDs, tapes and cassettes bearing computer game software and/or feature film entertainment; video game apparatus; films; cinematographic films; television films; video films.
- Entertainment services; online entertainment services; online computer game services; computer game services provided remotely by means of the internet; publishing; feature film entertainment; television entertainment; information and advisory services in the field of computer game entertainment and publishing.
To be very clear, we have absolutely no idea what this is and there are zero details attached to the paperwork. But considering what Square Enix applied for, it’s pretty clear you’re looking at the title of a possible IP in the works. And there’s no way to gauge where it’s sitting as far as development and planning, so it’s anyone’s guess when we’ll learn more. So for now, feel free to speculate.
- Kingdom Hearts Fans Can Expect a Release Date for KH3 Next Month
- Chrono Trigger on Steam Receives Another Patch to Add a Retro UI
- Final 2 Octopath Traveler Characters Revealed
- Locke Cole Confirmed as Next DLC Character for Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
- Nobuo Uematsu is Working on Music for Final Fantasy VII's Remake