AMC has released our first look at the full cast of characters set to help – but probably most likely hinder – Jesse Custer (Dominic Cooper), Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun) and a still-dead-for-now Tulip’s (Ruth Negga) search for God during Preacher’s third season. But that journey is taking them to a place that will make their dust-ups with Herr Starr (Pip Torrens) and The Grail look like a smooth night at a New Orleans jazz bar: Angelville.
Here’s a look at the lastest teaser from AMC‘s adaptation of Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon‘s comic book series Preacher:
PREACHER Season 3: Jesse Custer’s quest for God takes him back to the place he’s been avoiding his whole life: home. Jesse, Tulip, and Cassidy return to Angelville, the Louisiana Plantation where Jesse was raised, and find old grudges and deadly obligations await them. With the help of his friends — and a few enemies — Jesse will need to escape his past… because the future of the world depends on it.
Joining the returning Cooper, Negga, Gilgun, Torrens, Ian Coletti, Graham McTavish, Julie Ann Emery, and Malcolm Barrett for Preacher‘s third season are:
● Betty Buckley (Supergirl, Split) as Gran’ma, a spiritist with true powers who can cast spells and even bring back the dead (for a price).
● Colin Cunningham (Falling Skies) as TC, a man born of the bayou and the loyal caretaker and soldier for Gran’ma.
● Jeremy Childs (Nashville) as Jody, Gran’ma’s enforcer and the only man Jesse’s never beaten in a fight.
● Liz McGeever (Star) as Christina, who has a face that lures customers in for her family business; but hates her job and dreams of a new life while suffering to protect her child.
● Jonny Coyne (Turn) as Allfather D’Aronique, a physically large, overweight, and revolting slob who might just be the most powerful man in the world.
● Adam Croasdell (Supernatural) as Eccarius is, a 350-year-old vampire who bears wisdom and has an air of aristocracy: a visual cliche at first, but a much darker figure beneath the surface.
● Prema Cruz (Mozart in the Jungle) as Madame Boyd, a tough forward thinker: educated and attractive, she intends to take the family business into the modern age by any means necessary.
A Sony Pictures Television and AMC Studios co-production, Preacher was developed for television by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg (Sausage Party, Neighbors 2, Superbad) and showrunner Sam Catlin (Breaking Bad). The series is executive produced by Catlin, as well as Rogen, Goldberg, Ennis and James Weaverfor Point Grey Pictures, Neal H. Moritz and Ori Marmur for Original Film and Vivian Cannon, Jason Netter, Michael Slovis, Mark McNair and Ken F. Levin.
AMC’s Preacher returns for Season 3 starting Sunday, June 24, at 10 p.m.