Sometimes you go into a job and you’re not entirely sure what it is or what you’re going to be doing. We can only imagine that happens a lot these days with all of the secrecy surrounding projects like Star Wars. For Phoebe Waller-BridgeThe Graham Norton Show (via Cinema Blend) she didn’t know what a droid was.
I was going to the audition and I thought, ‘This character is amazing, she’s a revolutionary, she’s really cool,’ and the dialogue was amazing, and it said, just in one of the stage directions, ‘droid.’ So I was like, ‘Droid…droid…what’s a droid?’ And then I Googled a droid and then, nothing much really came up with the pictures, it wasn’t explicitly a robot. I was in the taxi on the way to the audition and I was like, ‘Shit, I really should know what a droid is,’ and I was asking my taxi driver, he was like, ‘I don’t know what a droid is.’ And he called his family, like, ‘What’s a droid?’
This must have been an amusing can ride as two people frantically tried to google exactly what a droid was. It’s interesting that Waller-Bridge saw L3 as a great character before seeing what she was in the movie. That says a lot about the writing that she wasn’t written like a droid but like a character
Summary: During an adventure into a dark criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his future copilot Chewbacca and encounters Lando Calrissian years before joining the Rebellion.
Solo: A Star Wars Story, directed by Ron Howard, stars Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Woody Harrelson, and Thandie Newton. It will be released May 25th.
- FX Renews Donald Glover's 'Atlanta' for Third Season
- Adrian Martinez Joins the Cast of Lady and the Tramp - September 21, 2018
- Titans Season 1: Brenton Thwaites Thinks the “F**k Batman” Line is Important - September 21, 2018
- Solo: A Star Wars Story – Phoebe Waller-Bridge Talks L3-37’s “Revenge” and Possibly Returning to the Role - September 21, 2018
- Bob Iger Says There Will Be a “Slow Down” of Star Wars Content - September 21, 2018
- The Shortlist for Birds of Prey Emerges - September 21, 2018