Amazon Studios series The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel was certainly one of the most original recent show offerings to take viewership by storm, and apparently we’re getting a third season!
Last night during the Peabody Awards, series creator and executive producer Amy Sherman-Palladino accepted her award for the show and offered some commentary about hoping the studio would pick up the show again.
“You’re going to give it to us because we’re bringing home the fancy thing, right?” Sherman-Palladino said while holding her statue.
— Peabody Awards (@PeabodyAwards) May 20, 2018
Apparently someone from the service was listening and took the question to heart because Amazon Studios head Jennifer Salke later confirmed to present press that The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel was being picked up for a third season.
Salke was previously the President of Entertainment at NBC before taking over the vacant Roy Price top position at Amazon Studios. “In the studio’s relatively short existence, they have innovated, disrupted and created characters that are already an indelible part of pop-culture,” she had said when the news broke in February about her new job.
I was seriously just writing that “we’re waiting for the cast to react” and then series star Rachel Brosnahan who won both the Critics Choice Award and the Golden Globe for best actress for Marvelous Mrs. Maisel posts this:
Cat’s out of the bag! https://t.co/puJLrUEw7k
— Rachel Brosnahan (@RachelBros) May 20, 2018
The series is set to return later this year for season 2. We’ll let you know when we find out more about season 3.
- Season 7 Will be the Last for ‘Orange is the New Black’ - October 17, 2018
- 9 Photos from ‘Outlander’ Season 4 Have Jamie, Claire, and More - October 17, 2018
- New Teaser for ‘Vikings’ Season 5b Brings the Blood and Chaos - October 17, 2018
- Chris Hemsworth has Wrapped Filming on ‘Men In Black’ - October 17, 2018
- Edna Mode’s “Designing Fabulous” Featurette from ‘Incredibles 2’ DVD - October 17, 2018