Comic book writer Van Jensen has written a comic book doing something new. A work of political marketing for Stacey Abrams. Politician, lawyer, author and businesswoman, she was the House Minority Leader for the Georgia General Assembly and State Representative for the 89th House District. And is now standing for election as Governor of Georgia, taking place in November. The primaries run in three days.
The comic aims to underline Abrams’ dedication to faith, family, and service and how it has shaped her vision for what she calls building a more inclusive Georgia, powered by everyone. From education to criminal justice reform, the story highlights critical issues of Abrams’ platform.
Van Jensen put the creative team of artist Amber Bellerjeau, colourist Darrin Chavis II, letterer Matty Ryan and cover artist Nate Powell together, from Georgian residents.
Abrams is quoted as saying “Ensuring that every Georgian understands that this state belongs to them, and that they have the power to foster progress with their vote, is central to my vision for building a brighter state,” said former House Minority Leader Stacey Abrams.” I am grateful for the work of these talented artists, and ready to be a leader who will open the gates of opportunity for every single Georgian.”
The comic book is embedded below…
Just in case anyone wanted to know what comic book political propaganda really looks like…
- Review: Black Order #1 Will Divide The Audience – With a Large Axe (Spoilers) - November 12, 2018
- Review: Avengers #10 or #700 – More Teams in Marvel’s Future and Past of Marvel to Deal With (Spoilers) - November 12, 2018
- Review: Does Uncanny X-Men #1 Want to Be X3 Done Right? (Spoilers) - November 12, 2018
- Even More Comics Folk React to the Death of Stan Lee - November 12, 2018
- Roy Thomas Says Stan Lee Was ‘Ready To Leave This Earth’ - November 12, 2018