A cool announcement this week from Circle Entertainment and Classic Games LLC as the retro RPG game Shadows of Adam will be coming to the Nintendo Switch sometime in late 2018. The game has already been on Steam for over a year and earned a lot of praise for the JRPG inspiration. Below are the finer details and the announcement trailer released by the devs this week, as we wait for them to give us a proper date for 2018.
Tucked away from the outside world by the impenetrable haze of the Misty Woods, the village of Adam has mostly lived in peace since the days of the Wraith War. Magic, the dark power that fueled that war has vanished. But darkness is descending once more and Adam’s legendary hero, Orazio, is no more.
10 years ago he left without explanation and never returned, leaving his son and adopted daughter to wrestle with the dark secret he left behind—a secret that must now be revealed if the children hope to save both Adam and their departed father, though its revelation could unhinge the world.
- Compelling Character Driven Story: Shadows of Adam’s story is one with a deep narrative and an interesting plot. The story revolves around four main characters: Asrael, Kellan, Curtis, and Talon.
- A Strategic AP Management Battle System: AP is restored between each round of battle automatically and through defeating enemies. This allows a unique attrition system that encourages skill use and fast combat.
- Beautiful Visuals: Shadows of Adam features beautifully modernized visuals inspired by classic JRPGs of the SNES-era.
- Original Soundtrack With Over 44 Tracks: An original soundtrack by Tyler Mire that’s inspired by music from the genre’s greatest games. This soundtrack includes unique themes for each area and character and has an emphasis on strong melodies and an emotional connection.
- Nintendo is Now Selling Dockless Switch Consoles in Japan
- Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Sold Out of Switch Copies in Under 2 Weeks
- Gorogoa is Coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Next Week
- You Will Not Be Getting Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on the Switch
- Rumor: Pokémon on Switch is Returning to the Kanto Region
- Final 2 Octopath Traveler Characters Revealed