It’s kind of an interesting thing when you see two game companies who are technically in competition with each other be friendly. Case in point, a recent Twitter interaction from PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds with Call of Duty.
Shortly after the Black Ops 4 presentation this week, the PUBG Twitter account sent the message below to their soon-to-be-rivals, which is kind of cool and kind of weird to see, all things considered. And it doesn’t even feel like it’s a message from PUBG Corp. to Treyarch or Activision, it feels more like one set of developers greeting another set of developers to the party.
Oh hai, @CallofDuty… welcome to the club <3
— PLAYERUNKNOWN (@PLAYERUNKNOWN) May 17, 2018
Of course, the interaction online got slammed by people as some viewed the move as pretentious, claiming the PUBG crew was acting like they were the first to come up with the concept of battle royale games. We, on the other hand, don’t really care about all that. To us, this feels like the recent Burger King tweet where they asked Wendy’s to prom. It’s basically there as something fun for the fans more than it is anything having to do with rivalries and whatnot. But of course, everyone loves to blow this kind of stuff out of proportion, so here we are on a Saturday talking about it.
— Burger King (@BurgerKing) May 9, 2018
- PUBG Corp Addresses PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Flaws in New Post
- Blackout Was in the Works for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 for a Year
- You Will Not Be Getting Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on the Switch
- The Big Takeaways from Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- The Call of Duty World League Pro League Stage 2 Begins Today
- PUBG Mobile Adds Miramar Map and New Progress Mission
- Aggrieved Fortnite Players Keep Calling Board Game Shop in Ohio
- Daybreak Games Announces All Their Halloween Events in Their Titles - October 18, 2018
- Super Mario Odyssey is Getting a Zombie Mario Costume - October 18, 2018
- The Walking Dead: The Final Season Chapter 3 Aiming for 2018 - October 18, 2018
- Treyarch Says Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Had a $500 Million Weekend - October 18, 2018
- Treyarch Adds Updates to Black Ops 4, Including Blackout Player Count - October 17, 2018