We’re only a few days away from Overwatch‘s second anniversary, and when the event kicks off and the update is loaded, we’ll be getting a brand-new map out of it in Petra. The footage they’ve shown off of the devs basically showing you the possibilities, as well as the design, is pretty awesome. We have the official trailer as well as a proper description of the level from Blizzard below, but this is going to be one of those close-quarters maps that will keep you indoors away from the snipers and brawling for hours to come.
A group of archaeologists have begun an excavation and preservation project among the ruins of Petra, a new Deathmatch map that puts all heroes on their own, facing off against one another until one hero scores enough eliminations to win the match. Take in Petra’s majestic views, from high vistas to twisting passageways and deep caverns. Travel along deadly cliffs, but be careful to not fall off! A dilapidated bridge stretches across the map, and the ground underneath it can crumble away to reveal a lethal pit. Hopping on a green jump pad will boost you up to Petra’s higher levels and unlock new strategic possibilities for you. . . .
- Overwatch's Second Anniversary Event is Officially Live
- Overwatch's Anniversary Skins Leak on Reddit (Spoilers Ahead)
- The Big Takeaways from Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Hanzo's Rework Won't Make it to Stage 4 of the Overwatch League
- Overwatch is Getting Another Free Weekend Next Week
- Overwatch Celebrates Anniversary with New Player Count
- Speaking to Charlet Chung - the Voice of DVa in Blizzard’s Overwatch