Boots Riley‘s directorial debut Sorry to Bother You is a bizarre and brilliant romp through Oakland. He just dropped a red band trailer that should give you a taste of just how spectacular and distinct the film is. In a dystopian not-too-distant future, black telemarketer Cassius Green discovers a magical key to professional success and is propelled into a macabre universe. Sounds pretty great, right?
It stars a wonderfully diverse cast of Lakeith Stanfield (Get Out, Atlanta), Tessa Thompson (Thor: Ragnarok, Westworld), Jermiane Fowler (Superior Donuts), Omari Hardiwck (Power, The Runner), Terry Crews (the recently saved Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Deadpool 2), Steven Yuen (Okja, The Walking Dead), Danny Glover (Lethal Weapon, The Color Purple), and Armie Hammer (Call Me By Your Name, The Social Network).
I had the pleasure of seeing the film at the SF Film festival, and I don’t want to spoil a millisecond of it. All I can say is the second you can, get to a screening of it. Sorry to Bother You hits select theaters July 6th, and goes wide July 13th.
- Boots Riley's 'Sorry to Bother You' is Bizarre and Brilliant
- Tessa Thompson Wants to Get Her "Tatiana Maslany On" in Westworld Season 3
- FX Renews Donald Glover's 'Atlanta' for Third Season
- Chris Hemsworth Says New 'Men In Black' Script is in Development
- Let's Talk About Westworld Season 2 Premiere, "Journey Into Night"
- Marvel-Ous Ladies of MCU Talk Team-Up Film Rumors
- Westworld Season 2 Trailer: Delos Destinations Will Pay for Its "Sin"
- [#Tribeca2018] Bleeding Cool's Tribeca Film Festival Guide to All 96 Feature Films
- Tessa Thompson: Fans Will Feel "Galvanized" After Avengers: Infinity War
- Tessa Thompson Talks About that All-Female Marvel Movie
- Kevin Feige Talks Diversity in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Tessa Thompson Thinks Marvel's Next Phase Is "Women Rule Supreme"
- Tessa Thompson Supports #FemaleFilmmakerFriday With A Flashback To Sundance
- [Sundance 2018] People Brave a Blizzard to Attend the Respect Rally in Park City, Utah