One of our favorite girl-power shows of the last few years is Netflix’s Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling homage GLOW, which returns for season 2 this summer. We’ve said a lot of things about how good the series is- the surprising depth of performances and writing the dramedy is able to hit- and we’re pretty excited it’s coming back.
Entertainment Weekly has released the cover (and several images) from their upcoming issue, which focuses on the show.
Ruth (Alison Brie) and Debbie (Betty Gilpin) are shown in the ring; Debbie as Liberty Belle has Ruth as Zoya in a headlock. If you’ve watched the first season, you know there’s some serious drama and history between the two characters — from best friends to homewrecking, and now co-stars on a cable series.
“When people say GLOW is hilarious, I’m like, ‘Oh really? Cause I feel like I’m ripping out my soul,’” Gilpin told EW with a laugh. “I think that the cast of The Handmaid’s Tale and the cast of GLOW as two groups of women that live in all of us. Like, hey: I’ve got a team of Sylvia Plath cannibals and I’ve also got a team of feminist Muppet clowns, and this whole time I’ve just been pretending to be Marcia Brady zoning out at brunch.”
The other images released ahead of the new EW issue feature moments from season 2 of GLOW, with other characters from the series:
GLOW season 1 is currently on Netflix, and season 2 will hit on June 29th.
- Emmy Nominee Betty Gilpin Writes Beautiful (and Painful) Op-Ed About Fame
- Let's Talk About GLOW Season 2, Episode 3, 'Concerned Women of America'
- Watch: Steve Martin and Martin Short Netflix Comedy Special Trailer
- Netflix and the Obamas Sign Multi-Year Deal for Various Series and Specials
- GLOW Season 2 Sets June Premiere Date, Goes 'Maniac' in New Teaser
- GLOW Funko Pops Are on the Way, Ruth and Debbie to Start
- GLOW Star Alison Brie Comments on Allegations Against Brother-in-Law James Franco
- GLOW Season 2 Brings The Sopranos' Annabella Sciorra into the Ring
- WATCH: Betty Gilpin Talks GLOW Season 2
- Netflix's GLOW Renewed For Second Season
- Netflix GLOW Star Celebrates 4th Of July In Character With Middle-Finger To Republicans
- Netflix's GLOW Is The Best New Binge Worthy Series
- Another Vampire Lestat Book Coming from Anne Rice this October - August 18, 2018
- How About ‘The Crown’, But Reimagined as a Cop Show? - August 18, 2018
- What Does Chevy Chase’s ‘Fletch’ Have to Do with ‘Stranger Things’ Season 3? - August 18, 2018
- We Almost Had a Michelle Pfeiffer ‘Catwoman’ Spinoff Film - August 17, 2018
- Tom Vaughan-Lawlor (Ebony Maw) Talks Joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe - August 17, 2018