Netflix is just as excited as you are that Arrested Development is coming back for a 5th season, and they want to make sure you don’t binge it all in one sitting. Okay that’s not entirely true, but it’s one way of explaining why the decision to split the 16-episode season up into two separate chunks works.
Word came down late Wednesday night that season 5 of the series will be delivered in two parts; the first 8 episodes arriving on May 29th of 2018 and the second set of 8 episodes hitting sometime in 2019. This isn’t the first time the streaming service giant has done this with their shows, so it’s not completely out of the ordinary, but still seems strange.
Why not just package them as two separate seasons when the episode count is that high? (That’s not a real question, just thinking out loud, really)
Netflix just added the ‘edited’ 4th season of Arrested Development to their television offerings. Edited because apparently someone felt the narrative didn’t work as well with a non-linear way of approaching the character narratives.
Pretty much all the Bluths are coming back for season 5; Jason Bateman, Will Arnett, Jessica Walter, Alia Shawkat, Michael Cera, Will Arnett, David Cross, Portia de Rossi, Tony Hale, and Jeffrey Tambor (grumble).
- Watch: Steve Martin and Martin Short Netflix Comedy Special Trailer
- Netflix and the Obamas Sign Multi-Year Deal for Various Series and Specials
- 'Guillermo del Toro Presents 10 After Midnight' Horror Anthology Haunting Netflix
- More Danger for Will Robinson as Netflix Renews 'Lost in Space' for Season 2
- It's Bluths for the Win in New Arrested Development Season 5 Promo
- Arrested Development Season 5 Trailer: The Bluths Are Back, Whether They like It or Not
- About That Avengers: Infinity War Russo Brothers [SPOILER] Easter Egg
- Milla Jovovich Posts ‘Monster Hunter’ Movie Update - October 14, 2018
- ‘Outlander’: Wanna Hear Caitriona Balfe’s Sam Heughan Impression? - October 14, 2018
- Daredevil’s Charlie Cox Wants More ‘The Defenders’ - October 14, 2018
- Lisa Henson Talks Netflix’s ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Goodbye, Jon Snow: Kit Harington has Shaved his Beard Off - October 14, 2018