It’s been a fun day for fans of the Arrowverse as we learned the schedule for the fall season on The CW and that all five of the DCTV shows will be airing at once. Supergirl is taking the newly opened Sunday night spot at 8 p.m. with DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and Arrow going back to back on Mondays and Flash and Black Lightning going back to back on Tuesdays. That’s five hours of superhero goodness in just three days. It will also make the crossover event easier to do. And what about that crossover pitch… instead of trying to go bigger, they go more specific and take our heroes to Gotham City to meet Batwoman. I’m sure the fan-casting of Kate Kane has already begun.
Interestingly back in January, CW President Mark Pedowitz said that one of the reasons they put Supergirl on hiatus to finish up Legends of Tomorrow was that they didn’t want to have superhero overload. I guess he’s changed his mind now.
To go with the upfronts, the CW has released new key art for the series. And there was an image used to announce the crossover — thankfully Michael Schneider got a picture of it and shared it on Twitter.
— Michael Schneider (@franklinavenue) May 17, 2018
Haven’t seen an image of Black Lightning yet… and I’m surprised to see Amaya Jiwa (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) in the Legends image, since she was supposed to be leaving the show.
- Greg Berlanti is Developing a Batwoman TV Series for The CW
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018