We’ve noticed how X-Men Red has been one of the few titles at Marvel Comics (these days) that continues to wear its political heart on its sleeve. Last month’s issues had anti-mutant hate mobs using social media to organise and then march sporting lit tiki torches, an obvious reference to the Charlottesville marches.
In X-Men Red #4, they take a closer look at the social media that kicked things off. And there’s someone behind it all, of course.
X-Men Red there, giving us an analogue for Cambridge Analytica, doing all they can to do so without actually mentioning the company by name (which curiously used to be based just next to where Forbidden Planet used to be)
X-MEN RED #4
(W) Tom Taylor (A) Mahmud A. Asrar (CA) Travis Charest
• JEAN GREY and her team of X-Men are trying to save the world…but one mutant could spoil that for everyone.
• When an old friend of Jean’s is corrupted and turned against her, will Jean have to do the unthinkable?
Rated T+In Shops: May 16, 2018
- Fantastic Four #9 and More Stolen from House Of Secrets in Burbank - May 20, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 20th May 2018 – ‘Readers Realized There Was No Wedding in the Wedding Special’ - May 20, 2018
- Bob Layton Just Discovered He Created a Character in Deadpool 2 - May 20, 2018
- The Rev Michael Curry Vs Princess Bride’s Peter Cook’s Royal Wedding Address (VIDEO) - May 20, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 20th May 2018 – Flamewars and Lawsuits - May 20, 2018