We’ve noticed how X-Men Red has been one of the few titles at Marvel Comics (these days) that continues to wear its political heart on its sleeve. Last month’s issues had anti-mutant hate mobs using social media to organise and then march sporting lit tiki torches, an obvious reference to the Charlottesville marches.
In X-Men Red #4, they take a closer look at the social media that kicked things off. And there’s someone behind it all, of course.
X-Men Red there, giving us an analogue for Cambridge Analytica, doing all they can to do so without actually mentioning the company by name (which curiously used to be based just next to where Forbidden Planet used to be)
X-MEN RED #4
(W) Tom Taylor (A) Mahmud A. Asrar (CA) Travis Charest
• JEAN GREY and her team of X-Men are trying to save the world…but one mutant could spoil that for everyone.
• When an old friend of Jean’s is corrupted and turned against her, will Jean have to do the unthinkable?
Rated T+In Shops: May 16, 2018
- Green Arrow #50 to Tie In With No Justice and Heroes In Crisis - December 18, 2018
- Jorge Jimenez Plotting Justice League Event: The Sixth Dimension With Scott Snyder - December 18, 2018
- Batman: Grim Knight Special from Jock, Scott Snyder and James Tynion in March From DC Comics - December 18, 2018
- DC Comics’ Marie Javins Makes the 29 Women Who Took Over The World In 2018 List - December 18, 2018
- As Expected, Eric Esquivel Dropped by DC Comics From Nightwing - December 18, 2018