We’ve noticed how X-Men Red has been one of the few titles at Marvel Comics (these days) that continues to wear its political heart on its sleeve. Last month’s issues had anti-mutant hate mobs using social media to organise and then march sporting lit tiki torches, an obvious reference to the Charlottesville marches.
In X-Men Red #4, they take a closer look at the social media that kicked things off. And there’s someone behind it all, of course.
X-Men Red there, giving us an analogue for Cambridge Analytica, doing all they can to do so without actually mentioning the company by name (which curiously used to be based just next to where Forbidden Planet used to be)
X-MEN RED #4
(W) Tom Taylor (A) Mahmud A. Asrar (CA) Travis Charest
• JEAN GREY and her team of X-Men are trying to save the world…but one mutant could spoil that for everyone.
• When an old friend of Jean’s is corrupted and turned against her, will Jean have to do the unthinkable?
Rated T+In Shops: May 16, 2018
- Daily LITG – 23rd September 2018 – Still Bubblin’ - September 23, 2018
- Dave Elliott Teases GWNN Ahead of New York Comic-Con, at Thought Bubble 2018 - September 22, 2018
- Brief Glimpse of The Wicked + The Divine Immersive Experience at Thought Bubble 2018 - September 22, 2018
- Paul Cornell – Saucer State Will Be Crowdfunded - September 22, 2018
- What Did Warren Ellis Say to Kieron Gillen at Thought Bubble 2018? (VIDEO) - September 22, 2018