Deep Silver has announced that Metro Exodus has been delayed, moving the game from later this year to early 2019. We will have a new look at the game soon though.
Metro Exodus made quite a splash when it was announced last year at E3. The game looked excellent and even though it’s not clear exactly how 1:1 the trailer and gameplay will be, the franchise is well loved meaning people are excited about it regardless. Going back to that oppressive and depressing world certainly comes with its own brand of delights.
Sadly though, we are going to be left waiting for the title for a little while longer. The game was originally meant to launch this year, but publisher Deep Silver has announced that is no longer the case. Instead, it will launch in Q1 2019. In a release, they said:
The development of Metro Exodus is progressing well; we are all really excited by what we are seeing. We have been constantly reviewing the games progress to ensure that we deliver a product that gamers and fans of the Metro series want and deserve, as well as keeping an eye on announcements from our competitor products. We want everyone to be able to experience what is the most ambitious Metro game to date at its absolute best and therefore we have taken the decision to move the release date to Q1 2019.
In the announcement, it was also revealed that we could expect to see more gameplay of the game at E3, taking place in a new locale.
I’m excited to see more from the game. The trailer last year definitely put some questions in my mind about what exactly this game is, but if it is more, good Metro, that’s all anyone can ask for.
- Microsoft Controls Whether Alan Wake and Quantum Break Get Sequels, Says Remedy - July 18, 2018
- Base Game and Previous Expansions Now Part of World of Warcraft’s Subscription - July 18, 2018
- Destiny 2 Adds Bounties Back into the Game Alongside Other Improvements in New Patch - July 18, 2018
- Leak Claims Dragon Ball FighterZ is Adding Base Goku and Vegeta as DLC in August - July 18, 2018
- No Man’s Sky NEXT Update Gets a Brand-New Trailer - July 17, 2018