I’ve just popped into Orbital Comics to pick up this week’s stack – and there is news from the store itself.
This Saturday sees radical collage artist Winston Smith who has worked with Green Day, Dead Kennedys, dozens of other groups and publications, appearing at Orbital Comics’ Gallery in London. Original artwork, prints and posters will be available, as well as a specially-produced comic, exclusive to this rare UK appearance.
And in the evening Winston will be in conversation with the legendary Savage Pencil to discuss his art and motives, accompanied by a unique slideshow.
Joining Winston in this talk will be John Heartfield, grandson of the well-known anti-Nazi photo montage creator of the same name, who risked life and limb throughout the 1930s and the wartime era creating anti-Hitler agit-prop art to combat the Nazi propaganda machine. And now his grandson John curates an online gallery of his grandfather’s artwork.
Craft beer will be provided by Hopdaemon Brewery, and entry is free…
- From East Asian to Caucasian – Psylocke Switches Back on Wednesday - August 17, 2018
- Court Places 3-Year Restraining Order on Keya Morgan to Stay Away from Stan Lee - August 17, 2018
- All The Reasons Batman’s Atheism Doesn’t Make Sense – and One That Does - August 17, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List – 17th August 2018 – Batman, Justice League, and WicDiv Top Chart - August 17, 2018
- The Ugly Side of Comics: The Golden Age – Michael Davis, From The Edge - August 17, 2018