I’ve just popped into Orbital Comics to pick up this week’s stack – and there is news from the store itself.
This Saturday sees radical collage artist Winston Smith who has worked with Green Day, Dead Kennedys, dozens of other groups and publications, appearing at Orbital Comics’ Gallery in London. Original artwork, prints and posters will be available, as well as a specially-produced comic, exclusive to this rare UK appearance.
And in the evening Winston will be in conversation with the legendary Savage Pencil to discuss his art and motives, accompanied by a unique slideshow.
Joining Winston in this talk will be John Heartfield, grandson of the well-known anti-Nazi photo montage creator of the same name, who risked life and limb throughout the 1930s and the wartime era creating anti-Hitler agit-prop art to combat the Nazi propaganda machine. And now his grandson John curates an online gallery of his grandfather’s artwork.
Craft beer will be provided by Hopdaemon Brewery, and entry is free…
- A Targeted Theft of Slabbed Sketch Comics in Glendale, Arizona - May 24, 2018
- The Rarest Power Rangers Comics Cover Ever? - May 24, 2018
- Tickets Still On Sale For Reed POP’s First MCM London Comic Con, Starting Tomorrow - May 24, 2018
- Doing Alan Moore Justice – Pat Shand on Writing Crossed+100: Mimic - May 23, 2018
- A Comic Show: Black Panthers in Space… - May 23, 2018