Following their collection of the original Vertigo Comics graphic novel Incognegro: A Graphic Mystery with a 10th-anniversary edition, Dark Horse has announced plans to escalate this growing turf war by collecting the more recent follow-up by Mat Johnson and Warren Pleece, Incognegro: Renaissance, in their own hardcover volume in October.
The 128-page book collects 2018’s Incognegro: Renaissance #1–#5, which the press release describes as “a page-turning thriller of racial divide” that “explores segregation, secrets, and self-image as our race-bending protagonist penetrates a world where he feels stranger than ever before.” Is it comics twitter? Oh, it’s Harlem. See below:
When a black writer is found dead at a scandalous interracial party in 1920s’ New York, Harlem’s cub reporter Zane Pinchback is the only one determined to solve the murder. Zane must go “Incognegro” for the first time, using his light appearance to pass as a white man to find the true killer, in this prequel miniseries to the critically acclaimed Vertigo graphic novel, available in a special 10th Anniversary Edition.
With a cryptic manuscript as his only clue and a mysterious and beautiful woman as the murder’s only witness, Zane finds himself on the hunt through the dark and dangerous streets of “roaring twenties” Harlem in search for justice. In a time when looks could kill . . . Zane’s skin is the only thing keeping him alive.
Incognegro: Renaissance retails for $19.99 and hits stores on October 3rd.
- First Look at DC Super Hero Girls Cartoon from Lauren Faust - May 21, 2018
- Check Out Amanda Conner and Dave Johnson’s Variant for Plastic Man #1 - May 21, 2018
- G. Willow Wilson on Gatekeeping Ms. Marvel’s Entry to the Marvel Cinematic Universe - May 21, 2018
- Terry Blas and Claudia Aguirre’s Hotel Dare Brings Magical All-Ages Amenities to BOOM! in 2019 - May 21, 2018
- Report: WWE’s Deal with Fox for SmackDown is Worth $1 Billion, but Show Might Go to 3 Hours - May 21, 2018