Fresh from the retailer hitlist comes comic store owner Aaron Haaland of A Comic Shop in Orlando, Florida, who has been diving through the day’s comics. He writes:
Hey, Fandom! I’m back talking about what I loved from this week, and it’s mainly tug-of-war between No Justice and Avengers #2. Both have a new team and involve fighting giant ancient Kirby armored dudes. I liked No Justice #2 a little more because of the crazy character reveal at the end.
Snyder ushers in a new era of Challengers of the Unknown with New Challengers. Booster Gold is now a big part of Batman’s mythos with Batman #47. The X-Men Wedding Special opens with a Chris Claremont story that reads like Kitty’s Dad’s wedding toast.
And for creator-owned books, Garth Ennis‘s A Walk Through Hell filled me with dread, I highly recommend it for fans of psychological horror. Also Joe Keatinge‘s Flavor #1 was a charming Food & Fantasy book for fans of books like Lumberjanes.
- Comic Store in Your Future: Rodman Comics Has an Identity Crisis - May 22, 2018
- Marvel Comics Solicitations for August 2018 – Frankensteined So Far - May 22, 2018
- The Full DC Comics Catalogue for August 2018 - May 21, 2018
- Frank Miller and John Romita’s Superman: Year One for DC’s Black Label is Late Already - May 21, 2018
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Batwoman Confirmed as Cancelled in August - May 21, 2018