Fresh from the retailer hitlist comes comic store owner Aaron Haaland of A Comic Shop in Orlando, Florida, who has been diving through the day’s comics. He writes:
Hey, Fandom! I’m back talking about what I loved from this week, and it’s mainly tug-of-war between No Justice and Avengers #2. Both have a new team and involve fighting giant ancient Kirby armored dudes. I liked No Justice #2 a little more because of the crazy character reveal at the end.
Snyder ushers in a new era of Challengers of the Unknown with New Challengers. Booster Gold is now a big part of Batman’s mythos with Batman #47. The X-Men Wedding Special opens with a Chris Claremont story that reads like Kitty’s Dad’s wedding toast.
And for creator-owned books, Garth Ennis‘s A Walk Through Hell filled me with dread, I highly recommend it for fans of psychological horror. Also Joe Keatinge‘s Flavor #1 was a charming Food & Fantasy book for fans of books like Lumberjanes.
- Swag from the Diamond Retailer Lunch at San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2018
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Star Rachel Bloom is Coming to Equestria [SDCC] - July 20, 2018
- Batman Back in the Bat-Trunks Over His Broken Heart - July 20, 2018
- DC Confirms Pete Tomasi on Detective Comics with Doug Mahnke from #994 - July 20, 2018
- Boom! Studios: Shouting About Joss Whedon’s Firefly and Holo Cover Power Rangers - July 20, 2018