The steam release of long-beloved JRPG Chrono Trigger has been plagued with bugs and complaints about its updated interfaces ever since. The game has been patched before to respond to player complaints about the changes made to the game in an attempt to modernize it, and it looks like publisher Square Enix has seen fit to patch the game yet again for similar reasons.
The patch came with a note from the publisher thanking players for the positive messages sent to them since they announced the fixes they’re adding to the game.
The biggest change is a new battle UI to re-create the look and feel of the original release rather than the updated version initially released on Steam. Also, the game will now have an option to select between optimized controller, keyboard and mouse, or mouse and touch screen controls.
The full patch notes are below.
- A new battle user interface (UI) has been added based on the look and feel of the original Chrono Trigger.
- An option has been added to select between the UI optimised for controller/keyboard mentioned above, and the current UI optimised for mouse & touch panels. This option appears in “settings” in the main menu.
- The game can now be paused during battle by using the pause button on controller, or the Space bar on the keyboard.
- Adjusted the look of playable characters on the world map to be more in-line with the original version of Chrono Trigger.
- The resolution of animated cut-scenes has been improved.
- The display area of animated cut-scenes has been increased.
- Fixed instances where the game slowed down during certain scenes.
- The Korean font has been updated.
- Other small bugs are fixed.
- Square Enix Sends Another Patch to Chrono Trigger on Steam
- Square Enix Files a Trademark for the Term "Outriders" in Europe
- Leisure Suit Larry Appears to be Getting a Game on Steam
- 505 Games Debuted an Animated Teaser for ‘Indivisible’ at Anime Expo - July 9, 2018
- The Halo Championship and Gears Pro Circuit are Teaming Up This Weekend - July 9, 2018
- Electronic Arts Acquires Indie Dev Studio Industrial Toys - July 9, 2018
- Fortnite’s Mysterious Rifts are Now Spawning Item Drops - July 9, 2018
- Holographic Popstar Hatsune Miku Joins the Cast of Master of Eternity - July 9, 2018