Finally, after weeks of begging and plenty of trolls making it impossible to get some stuff done, Rare has added a new patch into Sea of Thieves today that will allow you to have private matches in what they called “Closed Crews”. We have the details for you below along with a brand-new Developer Update video from Rare going over the changes, but that’s not all they included. You can check out the full Sea of Thieves 1.0.7 update note here, which includes progression and economy updates, fixed performance issues, fixed problems, and more!
- This Seat is Taken – Players now have two crew type options available to them, Open and Closed Crews.
Open Crews: This option works in the same way you’re used to. For the Galleon, an open crew will match four players together while also replacing players who leave during a game. For the Sloop, two players will be matched together, with a leaving player being replaced when possible.
Closed Crews: This option allows a single player to begin a game on either a Galleon or a Sloop, allowing friends to join in when they’re available. You can now play with any configuration of players up to the limit on each ship, which is 4 players on the Galleon and 2 players on the Sloop, as well as preventing non-friends from being able to join you. This option replaces the 3 player Galleon and Solo Sloop options in the Main Menu.
Coming Soon: Additional functionality coming soon for Open and Closed Crews includes the ability to dynamically switch between Open and Closed while in the game, in addition to being able to make a session fully private by preventing friends joining.
- Sea of Thieves Just Added a Banjo Kazooie Ship Cosmetic
- Sea Of Thieves Shows Off Their First DLC in "The Hungering Deep"
- Sea of Thieves is Adding Private Crews in Next Update
- Sea Of Thieves Talks About the Whole Single and Duo Player Situation
- You Can No Longer Fly Your Ship in Sea of Thieves
- Sea Of Thieves Gets a New Patch With Customizations and Bug Fixes
- Rare Reveals Future Content Plans for Sea of Thieves
- Skybound Entertainment Reveals New VR Title ‘The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners’ - July 18, 2018
- Daybreak Games Adds the Teen Titans to DC Universe Online - July 18, 2018
- The Walking Dead: The Final Season Receives a New SDCC Trailer - July 18, 2018
- ‘Survived By’ Moves Into the Closed Beta Phase and Invites Everyone - July 18, 2018
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War’s Next Update Will Remove In-Game Market - July 18, 2018