The latest patch for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Mobile adds the Miramar desert map, a new progress mission, as well as language-specific chat channels, a new shop, and secret stash. Tencent revealed the news on Twitter, alongside a brief rundown of the patch’s biggest additions.
Welcome to #PUBGMOBILE050.
✔️ Miramar Map
✔️ Season 2
✔️ Progress Missions
✔️ Secret Stash
✔️ Local Quick Teams
✔️ Region System!
Have fun. pic.twitter.com/yllpxezva7
— PUBG MOBILE (@PUBGMOBILE) May 15, 2018
The Miramar map has been available on the PC version of PUBG since December and only recently arrived on Xbox One, meaning the mobile version of the game isn’t super late to the party.
Additionally, Patch 0.5.0 marks the start of PUBG Mobile‘s second PvP season, which means players can now work on the new weekly progress missions to unlock additional rewards.
The full patch notes are below:
- Desert map (“Miramar”) is now available for selection. See if you can find the new vehicles and weapons!
- New Progress Mission: collect progress rewards when you reach new levels, then take on new missions. – Added weekly Activity missions: earn rewards based on your Activity.
- Added local quick team feature: enter a 6-digit code to team up with friends that are next to you.
- Added Synergy and Connections: interact with your friends in-game to raise Synergy, then build Connections when your Synergy is high enough.
– Added Regions: now you can choose your region and flag.
- Added language-specific chat channels: there is now an additional channel based on the language of your choice. – Added more avatars.
- Now you can collect rewards for every new tier reached in Season 2.
- Added a Shop, where you can preview and purchase new outfits and items.
- Added a Secret Stash, where you can purchase special discounted items.
- Spectator mode smoothness improved.
- Striking sounds and effects added to melee combat.
- Parachute camera smoothness improved.
- Initial parachute speed increased to match the PC version.
- Improved climbing check during running.
- Picture styles now available on all devices.
- Added sound effects for breaking doors.
- Improved display of personal information and results.
- Improved team invitation flow.
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 has an Xbox Game Preview Launch Trailer - May 21, 2018
- AretuzaAndyWand Takes Home May 2018 Gwent Open Title - May 21, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Director on the end of Lara Croft’s Origin Story - May 21, 2018
- Tencent Acquires Majority Stake in Path of Exile Dev Grinding Gear - May 21, 2018
- The Elder Scrolls Online Celebrates the Summerset Expansion Launch with a New Trailer - May 21, 2018