The latest patch for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Mobile adds the Miramar desert map, a new progress mission, as well as language-specific chat channels, a new shop, and secret stash. Tencent revealed the news on Twitter, alongside a brief rundown of the patch’s biggest additions.
Welcome to #PUBGMOBILE050.
✔️ Miramar Map
✔️ Season 2
✔️ Progress Missions
✔️ Secret Stash
✔️ Local Quick Teams
✔️ Region System!
Have fun. pic.twitter.com/yllpxezva7
— PUBG MOBILE (@PUBGMOBILE) May 15, 2018
The Miramar map has been available on the PC version of PUBG since December and only recently arrived on Xbox One, meaning the mobile version of the game isn’t super late to the party.
Additionally, Patch 0.5.0 marks the start of PUBG Mobile‘s second PvP season, which means players can now work on the new weekly progress missions to unlock additional rewards.
The full patch notes are below:
- Desert map (“Miramar”) is now available for selection. See if you can find the new vehicles and weapons!
- New Progress Mission: collect progress rewards when you reach new levels, then take on new missions. – Added weekly Activity missions: earn rewards based on your Activity.
- Added local quick team feature: enter a 6-digit code to team up with friends that are next to you.
- Added Synergy and Connections: interact with your friends in-game to raise Synergy, then build Connections when your Synergy is high enough.
– Added Regions: now you can choose your region and flag.
- Added language-specific chat channels: there is now an additional channel based on the language of your choice. – Added more avatars.
- Now you can collect rewards for every new tier reached in Season 2.
- Added a Shop, where you can preview and purchase new outfits and items.
- Added a Secret Stash, where you can purchase special discounted items.
- Spectator mode smoothness improved.
- Striking sounds and effects added to melee combat.
- Parachute camera smoothness improved.
- Initial parachute speed increased to match the PC version.
- Improved climbing check during running.
- Picture styles now available on all devices.
- Added sound effects for breaking doors.
- Improved display of personal information and results.
- Improved team invitation flow.
- PUBG Mobile Boasts 100 Million Downloads Since Launch
- PUBG Corp Addresses PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Flaws in New Post
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Sends a Twitter Message to Call of Duty
- Call of Duty World League 2018 Championship Finals Predictions - August 18, 2018
- Team Kaliber and Evil Geniuses Survive in the CWL Champs Day 4 Winner’s Bracket - August 18, 2018
- Spacelords Addresses its Re-branding with new Highlights Video - August 18, 2018
- The Quiet Man Gets a New Gameplay Trailer - August 18, 2018
- NIS America Confirms Etna Mode for Disgaea 1 Complete Trailer - August 18, 2018