We’re a week away from Blizzard launching the new Overwatch event to celebrate the game’s second anniversary, and as they approach the occasion, the team decided to drop a new Developer Update video with a few bits of news.
The biggest item to take away is that Overwatch just reached a new goal of having 40 million players since the game launched across all platforms. The update also features Jeff Kaplan going into depth about the new ma Petra, the launch of a Free-for-All Competitive Deathmatch Season, and the oddly amazing news that this year’s Anniversary Loot Boxes can contain items from past seasonal events, so not just last year’s Anniversary swag.
That’s a lot of info to take it, but it shows that the Overwatch crew are basically going all out to keep the fans of the game happy and keep it active. A lot of times you hear people ask when Blizzard will move onto a sequel because they’re used to FPS games going defunct after a while. But Blizzard’s staff tend to keep things rolling on their games well past the original launch, which is one of the key secrets to their success. This anniversary is proof they’re going to keep the game going for years to come.
- Overwatch's Anniversary Skins Leak on Reddit (Spoilers Ahead)
- Blizzard Celebrates Overwatch's Second Anniversary with Stop-Motion Video
- Overwatch Shows a New Video for the Upcoming Map Addition Petra
- For Some Reason, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Has Been Announced for 2021
- Speaking to Charlet Chung - the Voice of DVa in Blizzard’s Overwatch
- 5 Predictions for Overwatch League Stage 4: Unpredictability Will Reign Supreme as New Meta Forms
- Blizzard Releases the Full Details of Overwatch's 2nd Anniversary
- Abstrakt Graffiti Artist Skin and Roller Pickaxe Arrive in Fortnite
- Overwatch's Anniversary Event Start Date Leaked in Brazil
- What’s In The Box?!: Loot Crate DX – May 2018 - May 23, 2018
- Nintendo is Now Selling Dockless Switch Consoles in Japan - May 23, 2018
- This Board Needs Decoration: We Review Wizkids’ Pools & Pillars Set - May 23, 2018
- TT Games is Teasing That Something LEGO DC Comics is On The Way - May 23, 2018
- You Can Now Play Rocketeer in Fortnite as the Jetpack Has Arrived - May 23, 2018