One of the more insane movies coming out late this summer is The Meg, which follows action star Jason Statham as he battles a giant shark. It’s about as crazy looking as you can expect from a movie with that kind of concept, and this new quote and image from Empire Magazine seem to prove that.
“I mean, who doesn’t want to watch a movie about the biggest shark that’s ever existed? And I get to be in it? This is as good as it gets,” Statham said.
Whether or not this movie works is going to depend on two actors: 1. how self aware it is and 2. how much fun it is. This could go completely over the top and embrace the R-rating like Piranha 3D, but that’s limiting the audience. This shark is so big that they don’t really need to tear anyone apart; they can just have it swallow people whole, which is less bloody.
Summary: After escaping an attack by what he claims was by a 70-foot shark, Jonas Taylor must confront his fears to save those trapped in a sunken submersible.
The Meg, directed by Jon Turteltaub, stars Jason Statham, Ruby Rose, Robert Taylor, Rainn Wilson, and Jessica McNamee. It will be released on August 10th.
- Warner Bros. Delays Godzilla: King of the Monsters and Six Billion Dollar Man - May 24, 2018
- Andy Park Shares New Ant-Man and the Wasp Art - May 23, 2018
- Paramount Pictures Pulls Transformers 7 and Shifts Other Releases - May 23, 2018
- Utkarsh Ambudkar and Ron Yuan Join the Cast of the Mulan Remake - May 23, 2018
- Sam Heughan, Eiza Gonzalez, and Michael Sheen in Talks to Join Vin Diesel’s Bloodshot - May 23, 2018