Some really cool news has been confirmed today as Yoshinori Kitase, producer of Final Fantasy VII Remake confirmed that Square Enix is working with legendary composer Nobuo Uematsu to create music for the soundtrack to the game. The news comes to us via SiliconEra, who confirmed the news from a translated tweet that was shared online. Below we have the translation from their site.
Yoshinori Kitase, Producer: “I’ve worked on numerous titles with Uematsu-san, and while I’m currently working on the production of Final Fantasy VII Remake, it’s actually been since Final Fantasy X that I directly worked with Uematsu-san. So when I first went to ask Uematsu-san to come work on the music for the remake, I thought he would give me the cold shoulder since he had already left Square Enix and found success.”
Considering all the work that Uematsu has done for previous Final Fantasy games, it’s pretty cool that the company would hit him up to put his own style on any new music that would be added to a revised version of a classic. Especially since he was primarily responsible for the feeling and tone of the original game. Here’s hoping we hear some tunes soon!
- There Was Going to Be a Final Fantasy Tactics 2, Until It Was Scrapped
- Square Enix Files a Trademark for the Term "Outriders" in Europe
- Locke Cole Confirmed as Next DLC Character for Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
- Square Enix Promises Multiple Blockbuster Games Coming This Year
- Check out the Second Return to Ivalice Raid and Namazu in Latest FFXIV Trailer
- Rumor: Final Fantasy VII Remake Release Date to be Announced at E3
- Sephiroth Officially Joins Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- ESL and Square Enix Partner for a Dissidia FF NT Tournament
- The First Ever University Esports Hub Launches in UK as the NSE - August 16, 2018
- Rainbow Six Siege Teases New Operative Ahead of Six Major Paris - August 16, 2018
- Overwatch League Will Add a Team in Toronto Next Season - August 16, 2018
- Rinoa Heartilly Joins the Roster of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT - August 16, 2018
- The Endless Mission is Receiving a Beta After PAX West - August 16, 2018