Nintendo didn’t just make a bunch of classic edition consoles for their primary systems that made a mark globally, they also do it for the ones at home in Japan. Back when the NES Classic Edition was getting attention, the company also released a Famicom Classic Edition for the console that came before it. With the NES and SNES versions coming back, it was expected that we’d see the Famicom return as well. However, the one that’s arriving will be a little more special than before as they’re releasing a new gold edition of the console that looks pretty boss!
This edition is to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the manga magazine Shonen Jump and will contain an entirely new library of games based on anime series or games that had manga books designed around them. Several Dragon Ball titles will be added, along with games like Saint Seiya, Captain Tsubasa, Rokudenashi Blues, Dragon Quest, and more. Right now it says the price will be about ¥8,000, which comes out to be almost $75. It won’t be made available outside of Japan, however, and probably won’t come with any translations, so you’ll need to find a shop within the country willing to ship to wherever you live.
- Nintendo is Bringing Back the NES & SNES Classic Editions in June
- From the Rumor Mill: Will We Be Getting a Pokémon Switch Announcement Soon?
- Splatoon 2's Secret Project Will Come to Light on June 9th
- Nicalis Shows Off Crystal Crisis at BitSummit for Nintendo Switch
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition Receives a Fifth Character Trailer
- Quantic Dream Releases Their First Short Film for Detroit: Become Human - May 22, 2018
- Halo: Fireteam Raven is Not Interfearing With Halo 6’s Development - May 22, 2018
- Nintendo’s Latest Trademark Points to a Mini N64 Release - May 22, 2018
- Sega is Giving Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 Remasters on PS4 - May 22, 2018
- Dead or Alive 5: Last Round Will Be Coming to EVO 2018 - May 22, 2018