It appears Nintendo has finally gotten enough of certain products to reproduce the NES Classic Edition and the SNES Classic Edition, as both mini consolse will be making a return to shelves and the company’s shop on June 29th. The news came down early this morning on Nintendo of America’s official Twitter account, letting people know that the NES and the SNES would both be coming back at the same time.
#NESClassic Edition will return to stores on June 29! This system and the #SNESClassic Edition system are expected to be available through the end of the year. https://t.co/LclbG5m4ta pic.twitter.com/1PcXBI5qJC
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) May 14, 2018
No price point was given, nor was there any indication this was going to be a limited time event, so we kinda have to assume they will still be priced at $60 for the NES and $80 for the SNES, and will keep producing them until they either run out of product or decide to discontinue the line. If you’re like us, you already suspect this may be the company’s way of hyping you up on mini consoles for what could be the year they do an N64 Classic Edition, but so far there’s no indication that’s going to happen yet.
- Return of Double Dragon is Getting a Physical SNES Release
- Nintendo Will Release a Special Gold Famicom Classic Edition
- From the Rumor Mill: Will We Be Getting a Pokémon Switch Announcement Soon?
- Nicalis Shows Off Crystal Crisis at BitSummit for Nintendo Switch
- It Appears Telltale's Batman: The Enemy Within is Headed to Nintendo Switch
- Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX Announced for Nintendo Switch
- The European Nintendo eShop Gives Punch Club a Release Date
- Treyarch Adds Updates to Black Ops 4, Including Blackout Player Count - October 17, 2018
- The Fallout 76 Beta is Now Officially Online for Download - October 17, 2018
- The Stanley Parable Now Unlocks a Specific Anniversary Achievement - October 17, 2018
- Xbox and Taco Bell Have Partnered Again to Give Away Platinum Consoles - October 17, 2018
- Battlefield V Single Player Trailer Released - October 17, 2018